Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Force leave schedule for Dec. 26, 27, 28, 2013

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi Attyll,

Currently, new memo release for dec. 2013 schedule, we have productions from Dec. 01 up to 23, 2013 that's inlcuding sundays, meaning walang pahenga,Then yung remaining de, 26, 27, 28 ay gagawing force leave?
Is it ok?

Thanks.

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

pano yung walang leaves? dec. 26 is after dec. 25.. pag wala kang leave wala kang bayad nang dec. 25?

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Alex,

That is not allowed since off-setting is prohibited by law. But if agreed by union or LMC, it can be amenable just like compressed working schedule. Subsequent overtime is not allowed but since agreed by both the management and the labor so it is honored. As I see it 26, 27, 28 is not force leave but off-setting of your rest day. If you have your union try inquiring if they were consulted about this. This had been a practice of some manufacturing firms so that workers will have a longer vacation and those whose family is in the provinces need not to take a leave.

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

We don't have union here, this is a Korean manufacturing.
What else we can do to make the management understand that we must be paid on that days na FL nila.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Perhaps LMC?

What can I also say to make you understand that it is not force leave but off-setting?
Smile

To give you a better view or other perception:

Workers who are working is a compressed working schedule usually work from 8Am to 6:30Pm. But they are not paid overtime. Why? because they do not go to work on Saturday and Sunday. Usually, a worker only has 1 day-off per week but those who have compressed working schedules have two days off.

In your case, since you will be working from Dec 1-23. That means for three weeks, you are entitled for 3 days off but it will not be given every week, instead, it will be given in bulk (Dec. 24, 26, 27).

That's why, you will not be paid for your off in this dates.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum