Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magna carta for women benefit

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Magna carta for women benefit Empty Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:40 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

Hi, good day. Last aug 2013 I had a D&C procedure done for which I had filed for a leave at work. I had submitted all necessary documents so I could file for benefits under the Magna Carta for Women law. My inital leave of 2 weeks as approved by my company but I had to get an additional two week extension of leave because I was still anemic (due to the months of ecxessive bleeding prior to the D&C, and despite having 2 units of blood transfusion during hospitalization). My question is, our Company doctor did not approve of the extended leave as part of my Magna Carta claim. Is this valid? In the end, the company only paid me 80hrs as part of my benefit and the rest was left forgotten despite filing for pay disputes. Could you clarify this for me please..?

2Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

D&C procedure is considered the same as having a baby right? So you should get maternity leave, full pay for 2 months.

http://www.laborlaw.usc-law.org/2011/08/19/special-leave-benefits-for-women/

3Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:03 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

As per the magna carta, it is a valid gynecological disorder that is covered by the special leave benefit for women. I do know that I am entitled to a max of 2 months leave, but as I have mentioned, my initial leave approval was only for 2weeks AND an extension od another 2weeks.. So I am questioning the validity of our Company Pysician not to approve the 2week extension as part of the special leave benefit..

4Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:13 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

did you asked them why was it disapproved?

5Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:21 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

According to them, no surgical procedure was done on the extension of my leave to make it a full month. The documents I submitted, medical certicate, indicates that I needed the extension to recover from my operation, and laboratory results were also submitted which shows my still existing anemia.

6Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:25 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

My follow up question is: does our Company Physician have the authority to approve/dissapprove on special benefits may batas naman po na dapat ay covered nito

7Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:46 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

since batas yan.. they dont have the right to disapprove it.. mag complain ka sa SSS.

8Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:58 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

Its a labor law. Do i go to SSS???

9Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:59 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

The sss sickness benefit was filed and approved. This is an entirely different dispute..

10Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

is the D&C due to miscarriage?

11Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:14 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Dilation and cutterage is usually done after a miscarriage but can also be done if your lining has been thick

12Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:24 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

pcegay

If I were you, just use your SSS since D&C is not really a surgery. Reserve your Magna Carta Leave for more serious problem that may arise in the future because that privilege is only given once. If you still have a problem with your anemia, I think your company doctor could give you a high dose iron supplement.

13Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:26 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

For non-implementation of Magna Carta, you go to DOLE since MC is given by the company and not SSS

14Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:39 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if it's due to miscarriage.. it's not covered by the magna carta.. you can only claim via SSS.. pregnancy is not a gynecological disorder.

15Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:27 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

It was not a miscarriage, that is why the initial 2week leave was approved.

16Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:28 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

then you have a case against them.. go to DOLE.

17Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:35 pm

pcegay

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the info. @HR adviser, can I confirm that the MC is a one time privilege? If I've claimed it once, i can't claim / file for it at any other time in the future?

18Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

i think maximum of 4x including live births.. sa SSS.. don sa magna carta wala naman nakalagay

19Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:49 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Pcegay:

Yes. Only once since it is also very expensive on the employer's part. I hope your ok since your approved rest is 2 weeks. You must have suffered from complication. Base on experience, D&C usually is 2-3 days for middle aged and 1 week for my employees 40 above

Patok:

Its not in the Magna carta law but it was written on the guidelines for employer. Smile

20Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:38 am

fsluya

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,
I had my partial salpingectomy (removal of fallopian tube) last September 5 as a result of an ectopic pregnancy. I went to our HR department and was told I am not qualified for 2 months of full pay because SSS (ML benefit) will pay for it (they have yet to release my check). I argued that this is a separate benefit, based on what I've read here. Am I correct, and what next steps should I take? Thank you.

21Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:09 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Show them the law.

This is separate from the SSS Benefit.

http://www.councilviews.com

22Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:39 am

pcegay

Arresto Menor

@fsluya...

i could be because it was due to an ectopic pregnancy, thus the reason why they are claiming you are not covered by the magna carta for women benefits. You might need to clarify this.

Last edited by pcegay on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Auto correct error)

23Magna carta for women benefit Empty Re: Magna carta for women benefit Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:50 am

fsluya

Arresto Menor

@pcegay:

That's what I thought, too. Post-operative diagnosis on my hospital documents is right ampullary (tubal) pregnancy, operation performed is right partial salpingectomy.

Is anyone aware of a similar case where the full 2-month-pay was awarded on top of the SSS benefit?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum