Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

US Immigration and Annulment Advice

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1US Immigration and Annulment Advice Empty US Immigration and Annulment Advice Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:09 pm

cajenigs

Arresto Menor

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  I have gotten so many conflicting opinion and statements that I am confused.

Here is the situation.  My fiancée is married with a child.  She has been separated from her husband for 4 years.  We decided together that since the annulment process in the Philippines is so long, expensive, and hard that we would go an easier route and get her an annulment in another country.  Of course this does nothing for her marital status in the Philippines, but I was told it was enough that I could marry her in the USA and then apply for a spousal visa.

So fast forward in time, she was denied a tourist visa in the USA and everyone has told me not to even try a K-1 because we will be denied because we haven't known each other for over a year.  Plus they said a K-1 takes a long time.

So, we decided to marry in South Africa.  But, she is still residing in the Philippines with her 4 year old daughter.  My question is this....I realize that the USA will honor foreign countries marriage and divorces.  But, will they honor her annulment even though the Philippines does not?  Am I going to have troubles getting her and her child out of the Philippines and into the USA?

Thank you for any help and/or peace of mind you can give.

2US Immigration and Annulment Advice Empty Re: US Immigration and Annulment Advice Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:37 pm

cajenigs

Arresto Menor

Bump!  Please help!

3US Immigration and Annulment Advice Empty Re: US Immigration and Annulment Advice Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:34 pm

cajenigs

Arresto Menor

Please help, I am flying to South Africa in 24 hours to marry her. If I need to postpone this trip, can someone help?

4US Immigration and Annulment Advice Empty Re: US Immigration and Annulment Advice Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:39 pm

Iamlea

Arresto Menor

I need for your advise atty. pwede po bang magfile ng petition for fiance ang american bf ko khit under processing pa ang annulment case ko po.

5US Immigration and Annulment Advice Empty Re: US Immigration and Annulment Advice Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:21 am

attyLLL

cajenigs, you already know the answer under PH law, your marriage will be considered void. You should be talking to a US attorney as to how US law will treat your plan.

Iamlea, same, your question is actually about american law. he should consult with an american lawyer.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum