Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost Labor Case due to command of responsibility

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CallCenterEmployee

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.
I filed a labor case March this year. Unfortunately I lost in the case due to "command of responsibility" . I'm an operations manager in call center. May agents dropped calls . They were all terminated including their team leaders. After a week. They terminated me. I filed a labor case of illegal dismissal. Please enlighten me about command of responsibility,

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

that means you are responsible for your subordinates..

CallCenterEmployee

Arresto Menor

But I'm not the direct report of those agents. Hierarchy is agent reporting to Supervisor then supervisor reporting to me as a manager.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Command Responsibility means that the mistakes of your subordinates is also your mistake. As a manager, you cannot wash your hands and say that you are not aware and thus you are not liable to whatever offenses your subordinates did. As a manager, it is your responsibility to oversee your people. and not simply rely on your supervisor.

Here's a concrete example:

In a fastfood chain where half cooked chicken is served and the customer complains, the party responsible for that is not only the production crew who mistakenly half-cooked the chicken but as well as the the supervisor, the manager in the branch and the area manager.

I hope you would understand that being a manager is not only a title but a responsibility and liability as well. You are placed in that position entrusted by the company to overlook and over see the area and the people given to you

CallCenterEmployee

Arresto Menor

If we follow your logic , how come my boss and her boss were not terminated too? No sanctions given to them by the company.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

It is an issue you can point out and make it an argument in you motion for reconsideration

CallCenterEmployee

Arresto Menor

Thank you. We have 10 days to appeal.

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Good Luck Smile

CallCenterEmployee

Arresto Menor

Thank you po.

attyLLL

just focus on filing your appeal.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/