Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non Liability

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non Liability Empty Non Liability Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:59 am

s@nday

Arresto Menor

I am resigning from my current company and they are asking me to pay for the office laptop stolen within the office premises to clear me of all obligations.

In July, there was a series of theft in the office and included was the laptop (2009 model) which I reported the same day. The security officer said there was "neglect being the custodian of the property" on my part and I should be financially liable for it.

Is this legal? What action should I take? Thank you!

2Non Liability Empty Re: Non Liability Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:26 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

did you sign anything when you were issued the laptop? How was it stolen? How did they came to a conclusion that there was neglect on your part? How much is the laptop? You should include depreciation.

3Non Liability Empty Re: Non Liability Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:37 am

s@nday

Arresto Menor

1. I signed an accountability form in 2012. The laptop was passed on to me (not using it everyday, it's for out-of-the-office business use).

2. It was stolen inside the office (estimated between 6am-7am). It was the third item/gadget lost in the office but was inside a locked room (somebody issued a statement that it was there) before it was stolen. The officer said the neglect was it was lent to another person (issued a statement that it was returned) and "was never confirmed returned physically nor inspected by you or any other personnel."

3. It was Php57,000 at the time of purchase. I searched for the same model being sold now and it costs about Php7,500 (in Aug. 2013) or so.

4Non Liability Empty Re: Non Liability Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

3rd time nang may nagnakaw and yet walang nahuli or ginawa yung management?

5Non Liability Empty Re: Non Liability Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 am

s@nday

Arresto Menor

They have installed a CCTV but no finality in the investigation yet. Too late a hero, I guess.

Patok wrote:3rd time nang may nagnakaw and yet walang nahuli or ginawa yung management?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum