Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

BIRTHPLACE ERROR IN THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE

+3
wysa
attyLLL
hiden
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hiden

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon po..my husband has a problem to his birth certificate, in the upper part, sa may birthplace section po, nakalagay na province sa kanya ay Philippines tapos po sa municipality ay Metro Manila, dapat po sa province ay metro Manila, then sa municipality ay Manila where he was born. We went to Manila City Hall to correct the error, but they told us na di ipwede icorrect yung Philippines coz it's geographical..they told us that this is to be settle in court..please give me an idea po how to settle this..I already called NSO pero they told me na dapat sa ospital kung saan sya pinangank muna icorrect ang record bago nila macorrect ang record nila...ano po ba dapat nga, abogado na po ba agad?...how long will it take po para macorrect ang record nya...He's applying po passport kaya namin nalaman na mali ang birth certificate nya. Di po tinanggap ng DFA officer ang BC nya..

attyLLL

it also appears to me that the only way to correct that will be to file a judicial petition for correction of the records. you can try to convince the DFA to just require affidavits stating where he was actually born, but it is up to the DFA to decide that.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

wysa

Arresto Menor

Good am po, mag ask lang dn po ako, panu po aayusing birthplace qo, fort bonifacio metro manila ang nkalagay, nag apply aqo ng passport it should be makati daw po. Pls help. Tnx po!

archimedes

Arresto Menor

Good day po. problem ko po birth place ko at year of birth na nso copy iba sa birth certificate na civil registrar copy. ang nso copy ay late registration of berth while ang civil registrar copy ay registered at time of birth ko po. lahat po ng papers ko from passport at school records ay gamit ang civil registrar copy w/c correct po according to my parents. ang late registration ko po ay sa ibang municipality nakaregister. Ang civil registrar copy ay naregistered dun mismo sa tamang birthplace according to my parents.

divine18

Arresto Menor

hello good morning po.. pano po ba e change yung year ng birth certificate ko.. late registered kasi ako last 2010.. in my birth certificate its, July 10, 1996... where i was born at 1994 d. ano po ba legal ways to change it.. thanks po..

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

RULE 108
CANCELLATION OR CORRECTION OF ENTRIES IN THE CIVIL REGISTRY

Sec. 1. Who may file petition. - Any person interested in any act, event, order or decree concerning the civil status of persons which has been recorded in the civil register, may file a verified petition for the cancellation or correction of any entry relating thereto, with the Court of First Instance of the province where the corresponding civil registry is located.chanrobles virtualawlibrary

Sec. 2. Entries subject to cancellation or correction. - Upon good and valid grounds, the following entries in the civil register may be cancelled or corrected: (a) births; (b) marriages; (c) deaths; (d) legal separations; (e) judgments of annulments of marriage; (f) judgments declaring marriages void from the beginning; (g) legitimations; (h) adoptions; (i) acknowledgments of natural children; (j) naturalization (k) election, loss or recovery of citizenship (l) civil interdiction; (m) judicial determination of filiation; (n) voluntary emancipation of a minor; and (o) changes of name.

Sec. 3. Parties. - When cancellation or correction of an entry in the civil register is sought, the civil registrar and all persons who have or claim any interest which would be affected thereby shall be made parties to the proceeding. chanrobles virtua law library

Sec. 4. Notice and publication. - Upon the filing of the petition, the court shall, by an order, fix the time and place for the hearing of the same, and cause reasonable notice thereof to be given to the persons named in the petition. The court shall also cause the order to be published once a week for three (3) consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation in the province.

Sec. 5. Opposition. - The civil registrar and any person having or claiming any interest under the entry whose cancellation or correction is sought may, within fifteen (15) days from notice of the petition, or from the last date of publication of such notice, file his opposition thereto.

Sec. 6. Expediting proceedings. - The court in which the proceeding is brought may make orders expediting the proceedings, and may also grant preliminary injunction for the preservation of the rights of the parties pending such proceedings.

Sec. 7. Order. - After hearing, the court may either dismiss the petition or issue an order granting the cancellation or correction prayed for. In either case, a certified copy of the judgment shall be served upon the civil registrar concerned who shall annotate the same in his record.

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

You definitely need a lawyer to file this kind of petition.

nics

Arresto Menor

Hi po!
Me problem po aq regarding my double birth registration.
Is it possible that NSO can automatically cancel my second birth registration without court order since considered naman pong invalid/void na yong second birth? Medyo matagal kasi ang proseso sa court.
Hope to hear any comments from anyone who have knowledge about this issue.
Thank you po!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum