Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this Diminution of benefits?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Is this Diminution of benefits? Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

I want to ask if this is diminutions of benefits and supplmentations:

It was a practiced of the company that rice availment is unlimited to all employees. It was even discussed as part of company benefits. Then currently, the rice subsidy was reduced and is limited only to lunchbreak period (12nn to 1:00pm) lunchbreak. Any availment aside from lunch break will be paid by employees expense.

Thanks.

2Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:05 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

if it is necessary as part of company's saving scheme then it may be valid provided that you have been informed ahead. Merely decreasing of rice subsidy cannot be considered as dimunition of benefits

3Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:26 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Im sorry Mr. HR Adviser, you have different as what interpreted by DOLE Manila.
By the way thanks for your comment.

4Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

I agree there must be a reason why the rice subsidy was decreased. The benefit is still there it was just decreased.

5Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:10 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

But the Labor Code enumerate sa reduced,and diminished, in our case it was not taken away but was reduced. So still liable to answer non diminution of benefits. I think it was company's burden to proved losing conditions to recover cost of rice.

6Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:50 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

Then go ahead and burden yourself for filing for diminution of benefits just because that mere rice subsidy Smile

Simple logic will tell you that not everyone eats rice in the company for Breakfast, AM & PM snack nor dinner. And if I were on the company' side and would request the canteen to cook for rice all day, it is very costly. Grains per kilo is expensive plus the electric (assuming I use rice cooker) and since not everyone will eat rice the whole day, much will be put to waste. I'd tell my employees to limit their rice during lunch. And if I am an employee with common sense and wanted rice for snack in the afternoon, I'll just set aside rice from lunch. And if I wanted rice for AM snack, it is not too much to pay for 1 cup of rice. It wouldn't cost you p100 per cup.

lol! 

7Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:34 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

malamang yan inabuso yung unli rice kaya binawasan ang benefit..

8Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:46 am

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Thanks for the comment guys.

Please be informed, the issue is not about limitations or over consumption,or price issue.
The main concerns is on the legality of reducing supplementation. The main principles is that, whatever benefits and supplementation given should not be taken away nor reduced. Now if you think abused of rice availment is the issue and it wont cost 100pesos, of course it is considerable low price for managers or executive like yours, but for our operators earning minimum wages, it would mean a lot.

Thanks.

9Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

mababaw kasi yang argument on cooked rice subsidy per day.. you said it was reduced to lunch break only.. which is fair.. ano ba kasi dati? kahit anong oras pwedeng kumuha nang rice? mali nga naman yun..

10Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:00 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Before: Unli rice for all meals.
Now: Unli rice lunchbreak only.other break unli rice but own expense.

11Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:45 pm

anyaresatin

Arresto Mayor

sabi mo "practiced of the company", if that is the case pwede nga sila magbawas. However, kung may written agreement kayo dyan na pinanghahawakan, e pd kayo magreklamo, kung wala prerogative yan ng mngt.

12Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:23 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

lalo na kung may just reason naman sila like inaabuso nga nang mga employees yung benefit or nag cost cutting ang company due to losses.. mahirap ilusot yan na diminution of benefits kasi nga hindi naman malaking amount pinag uusapan para maging malaking kawalan para sa mga employees.. if it's a sack of rice per month and tinanggal yun.. yun pwede pa..

13Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:15 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

The labor code does not define how much can be considered as diminutions, as long it has been put into a practice over a period irregardless if its written or not. Kaya nga nirereklamo namin para malaman kung talaga bang losing. Of course its company's burden to show financial data to prove losing conditions due to rice.

14Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

financial statement is avaialble for everybody in SEC.

15Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:10 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

Its not pandesal where you can order anytime you want.
Financial data is confidential documents on the company.
Check first.

16Is this Diminution  of benefits? Empty Re: Is this Diminution of benefits? Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:56 pm

alexisbantilan

Reclusion Perpetua

parang madaming alam lang..wala namn basehan..LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum