Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Globe Broadband, unreasonable terms and conditions

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Daireppu

Arresto Menor

I am a subscriber of Globe home broadband for more than 1 year.

Upon the end of the first 1 year contract, Globe called us the promotion which is the extension of the service period 1 year, so that they give us a gift certificate. And we agreed with that.

And now, planning to terminate our account for the reason that we got a portable wifi station.

In globe, we have to call Globe hotline to make a transaction of disconnection or some other purpose which is separated from Globe shop.

When I called Globe hotline to terminate the connection, they said, we have to pay the pre-termination fee and disconnection fee, which is equivalent to almost 3 months of the monthly rate.

For the clarification, I asked them to let us check the terms and condition that we signed, but they told me that it is in the shop where we applied. And I approached that shop, but the customer service told me that they will not give us back the contract indicating the terms and condition.
Is it possible that they do not show it to the customers and asking the amount that they decide?

I checked the terms and condition with general application form, and it says only that we have to pay a termination fee if we are under the contract, or the word Relevant amount.

In addition to the unreasonable amount, I am getting upset that they processed even without my approval, and try to bill us.
During the conversation through Globe hotline, they asked me if I want they will terminate immediately, and I said, if just giving back the amount for gift certificate or once I verify the terms and condition, I am willing to pay.
However, the agent from hotline got upset too and she processed for disconnection and writing down the different reason on our record of the account which the shop showed me later on.

In this situation, what would be the best way for my action?
They are now disconnecting the line which anyway  do not need anymore, but the problem is that they will bill us with the amount they decide as pre-termination fee.

I am even trying to make a legal complain letter to the ministry of internal affair or National Telecommunication Community with this concern.

My point is that, Globe is one of the biggest companies here in the Philippines, but still they are not fairly operating the business with the clients. It is so sad.

What I want is just they showed us and explain the terms and condition why they will charge us such amount. That's it.
So that I will understand reasonably.  

Please give me the advice what to do for the solution with this situation.

Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum