Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HUSBAND IS PLANNING TO FILE AN ANNULMENT CASE against ME!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

zyra m. plata

Arresto Mayor

My husband has affairs with other women (take note women!) And now maybe he is serious with a girl and is planning to get an annulment.

Is there any ground he can used against me?
How can I defend myself from this?
Is there a possibility that our marriage be annuled without my knowledge?

Thanks.

attyLLL

begin with sending a letter to him via registered mail indicating what address you can be contacted in. this will stymie the usual tactic of giving a wrong address of the spouse.

if you don't want him to succeed, you can hire a lawyer to oppose. or at least be present during hearings so that you can later appeal whatever decision comes out.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

zyra m. plata

Arresto Mayor

attyLLL wrote:begin with sending a letter to him via registered mail indicating what address you can be contacted in. this will stymie the usual tactic of giving a wrong address of the spouse. -Where will I send the letter for him? He's currently living with one of his mistresses (this is not the one he intend to marry) and I don't know their address. I don't have a permanent address since I am still staying at an apartment he used to rent for us. Currently, I am the one paying all the household expenses.Crying or Very sad 

if you don't want him to succeed, you can hire a lawyer to oppose. or at least be present during hearings so that you can later appeal whatever decision comes out.
-what if I was not informed that they already filed a case? They have done it before. My sister-in-law's marriage was annulled without the spouse's knowledge. My husband even stood as a witness! The same lawyer will handle our annulment. And that lawyer assured that our marriage will be annulled in 9 months time.

What could be his possible grounds to have our marriage annulled?

Thanks Atty.

attyLLL

probably psychological incapacity.

send the letter to the lawyer and his parents' house, email, facebook account

check out the court which issued the sisters' annulment, it might be there also.

inquire also at the office of the solicitor general if they have a record about the case.

zyra m. plata

Arresto Mayor

You mean the annulment case can still be granted even if the petitioner is the one who has psychological incapacity? Hahaha
Thanks Attorney. It saddened me that they are willing to prove that he is incapacitated just to have our marriage annulled. But if this is the truth in our law, I will have to accept.
Best regards, Atty LLL. Laughing 

attyLLL

yes, it can be granted even if its the petitioner. i sense you are not totally against an annulment?

zyra m. plata

Arresto Mayor

I was the one who gave him that idea. I told him that it is better to get an annulment so that he is free to womanize and I will not be held accountable before God for his sins (being married to him means we are one before God thus his sins become my sins).
Being a human I want that annulment. But being a son of God, I wish to accept him back (but he is not returning!)Laughing 
Your comment made me smile. Thanks attorney. I wish you more success in your field.

lilgriever01

Arresto Menor

atty LLL follow up question lang po regarding ur advice for sending a registered mail..is it possible po that the husband will intentionally not receive the registered mail po or tell his family not to receive any mail from a lawyer or from his wife so that the case will prosper by sending it to another address? if yes what would the best remedy po?

9HUSBAND IS PLANNING TO FILE AN ANNULMENT CASE against ME! Empty Follow up questions.. Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:00 am

Willingtohelp

Arresto Menor

How do i know if my husband filed a petition of nullity of our marriage?coz i had an invitation before from the psychological center inviting me a psychological examination that my husband is preparing for the nullity of our marriage.pls help me what to do and where to go ocz i dnt have any idea if that petition has been filed and where.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum