Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

On Immediate Resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1On Immediate Resignation Empty On Immediate Resignation Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:36 am

schzenwar69

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Id like to ask some help regarding my concern on immediate resignation. Last September 9 i filed and immediate resignation addressed to my manager and our local HR deprtment but it was never approved. The reasons indicated on my resignation are as follows:
1. due to lean staffing our workload is now higher but we are not being paid for OT though we render extra hours just to have the job done within a day
2. we cannot immediately apply for a timeoff due to lean staffing and that the schedule of the other team mate is being compromised whenever we file leave
3. im having a hard time coping up with my studies thus i want to resign immediately since its nearing finals.
4. im having a bit of an issue with my family.

my manager told me that i really need to render 30 days but i can only work until the 22nd of this moth. are those reasons not enough for immediate resignation? They told me that i have only two option either to render 30 days or go on AWOL. Also they told me that if i wont render 30 days, i will never receive my salary for the days i worked from the 1st of September until the 15th and I will not receive any back pay anymore for the remaining VL credits I have. furthermore, can i just present them with a medical certificate to support my immdeiate resignation should i be diagnosed with an illness/disease? i really really need your help. God Bless!

2On Immediate Resignation Empty Re: On Immediate Resignation Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:48 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

schzenwar69,

You reasons provided for immediate resignation MAY constitute for immediate termination (Inhumane or unbearable treatment) but if you want to fight for it, your evidence must be concrete. What I mean is you must prove that your working condition has become so undesirable in you part.

It is right that they require you to render 30-days notice but if they wouldn't give your last pay, 13th month and VL, you may file a money claim at NLRC.

Lastly, illness/ disease are not a ground for immediate resignation

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum