Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forced to Legally Represent a Company in Court!?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bunny168

Arresto Menor

Hi, I just want to ask advice. My husband, who is not a Filipino citizen is working in Philippines under Temporary Resident Visa. He isn't even permanent yet in the company and will soon become a permanent employee.

The problem is, one of the former staff wants to sue the company for some issues regarding his backpay. I'm not fully aware of the whole details, but my main concern is that the company is forcing my husband to be the company legal representative. He is currently a team leader, but shouldn't it be the Manager or the HR who should be acting as a representative?

We were thinking of the risks involved since he is only on Temporary Resident Visa in Philippines and he does not want to be involved in such legal things. Question is, will it affect his TRV renewal and status if things get messy in this legal stuff?

Does he have a right to decline to be a company legal representative?

Lastly, whose responsibility should this be given in a company to act as a legal representative?

Any feedback will be appreciated. =)

attyLLL

yes, he can decline. anyone can be the representative.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum