Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Backpay Withheld by BPO Company that I have a pending NLRC Case with

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aisa1231

Arresto Menor

I just have a query. I filed a Labor case against the BPO Company I worked for almost 3 years due to Illegal Dismissal & Illegal Suspension. The case is still pending resolution. I have processed the clearance with the said company successfully. After I called their Total Rewards representative said that as per advise from their lawyer, they're not going to release my backpay. Also the said rep won't provide any documentation that they're holding my backpay as per their lawyers advise. I'm just wondering if it's legal for them to withhold my backwages even though I'm cleared w/ the Company. It's just that we have a pending Labor Case. I just want to know if it's right for them not to give me my backpay. Thank you so much for the assistance.

jd888

You have a pending case with NLRC, that is the reason; You are not fully cleared as far as they are concerned.

As a general rule, an employee who has been dismissed for any of the just causes enumerated under Article 282 of the Labor Code is not entitled to a separation pay

x x x x

In exceptional cases, however, the Court has granted separation pay to a legally dismissed employee as an act of “social justice” or on “equitable grounds.” In both instances, it is required that the dismissal (1) was not for serious misconduct; and (2) did not reflect on the moral character of the employee
x x x x

http://www.chanrobles.com/

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

aisa1231

You backpay is withheld because you have a pending case. You should include you backpay in your computation for moral damages, back pay and other payable.

aisa1231

Arresto Menor

so as long as there's no decision with the case that I filed I won't be able to get my back pay. My back pay is for the pro rated 13 month that I am entitled to as well as the remaining days I've worked for. Even though I was dismissed I think I'm still entitled to it

attyLLL

aisa, when you filed the case, the gloves come off. can't expect them to play nice.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum