Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT Empty LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:09 pm

kokeshimidori

Arresto Menor

Nilooban po yung nirerent namin place sa may pasig on july 15. We've been renting there for 3 months. I came home and sew the ceiling open, called barangay and then eventually called the police. According to their investigation, may pumasok po talaga, weird thing is wala pong nawala sa gamit namin.

The police very well knows our landlord's "Ugali" of having previous complaints from his tenants. It turns out some tenants have complained of "pananakot" although there was no actual proof found.

The police advised us to just leave the place, good thing we didn't sing a contract. The problem now is that when we got to the point of talking about the deposit, the landlord initially refused and later on agreed to return 1 month deposit (which was actually 2-month) provided that a new tenant occupies the unit. We did not agree and a written document was made (by them)stating that the 1-month deposit will be paid on AUG 15. 2 months have passed and no feedback from them yet. We tried calling them but the number isn't working.

What can we do about thiS? It seems malakas po ang landlord sa pulis at sa barangay, all of them hesitant to help us.

2LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT Empty Re: LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:46 pm

attyLLL

this is about a civil liability, of course the police should not help you, and the bgy should not act on it without an official complaint.

i recommend you write a letter to tour landlord reminding him that he committed to return the deposit. if he still fails, file a formal complaint with the bgy lupon.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT Empty Re: LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:35 pm

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

^^ then if the land lord is still stubborn after going through the abovementioned process sue them for estafa

4LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT Empty Re: LANDLORD won't return DEPOSIT Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:20 pm

marymoore

Arresto Menor

Most states require deposits to be processed within 30 days of the date of moving or shipping address is provided, which is always later. You have the right to make such applications after you go beyond that period.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum