Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Investment not yet returned

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Investment not yet returned Empty Investment not yet returned Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:54 pm

zandro26

Arresto Menor

Hi Sirs/Ma'ams,

Im searching online for any legal advises on my situation and bumped into your forum website.

This is my concern:

I have a friend/classmate in graduate school who is a businessman/politician he is a town councilor in one of the towns in Surigao whom i invested an amount of 100K pesos for his microfinancing business adressed in Surigao. I invested last year around Feb 2012 with a paper proving i have invested this amount with 2% interest monthly. On the paper it states that the maturity is one year, and He (my friend) told me that i can get the money after a year. I recieved the monthly interest which he sends via money transfer entities and sometimes on my back account, this was though inconsistent because most of the times i have to text him to remind of the interests. Which most of the times are delayed.

Now a year had passed and am expecting him to give me the full amount of my investement which he promised and indicated in the paper i signed on.

However he told me that he has no money at that moment because it is 2013 elections and he was running for second seat. So i agreed via text messages though reluctantly. during this period im practically begging him i need the money for my child's medical needs. Since he was re-elected this May 2013 i never heard from him, he never replied and even answering my calls. Im so worried now that i may no longer get back the money which i hardly earned.

with this what legal actions do I need to do.

2Investment not yet returned Empty Re: Investment not yet returned Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:12 pm

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

send him a written demand letter first. if he fails to return your money after receipt your demand letter, you may file a case for estafa

3Investment not yet returned Empty Re: Investment not yet returned Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:03 pm

zandro26

Arresto Menor

Thanks, does it need to be signed by lawyer this early?

4Investment not yet returned Empty Re: Investment not yet returned Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:38 pm

karl704

Reclusion Temporal

no.it need not be signed by a lawyer.it may be a simple harmless letter demanding the return of your money.unless,you want to give him or her a clue that it is for future filing of a criminal case, or if you want to intimidate him in the hopes of making him or her return your money without going to court.

5Investment not yet returned Empty Re: Investment not yet returned Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:53 pm

zandro26

Arresto Menor

thanks Karl. will let you know how it will go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum