Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does the landlord have the right to hold my belongings?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

feelgoodstorm

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm an expat who just finished an assignment in Makati.

I scheduled all my belongings (furniture, household goods in general) to be picked up by the movers on a certain date but the building won't allow the movers to do so as they don't have a pass or permit. The landlord wants to hold my belongings until such time that we have settled our final payment.

The payment will come from our company. We have to wait for a few more days before the payment will be released. I'm offering a guarantee letter but landlord won't accept.

Is what he's doing even legal? The dispute is between the payment and not the furniture.

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Well. Not odd he don't want to accept just such letter, because it would be very hard/impossible for him to get pay, specoaly if you leave to abroad, and it's a biger risk a foreigner leave abroad Smile

I don't know if it's legal in the Philippines to keep belongings as security, but I GUESS so, because it's common e g hotels do so.

Have you tried offering him something else as security? I mean something worth enough money.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum