Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

relativity of contracts

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1relativity of contracts Empty relativity of contracts Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:23 pm

emandelmo.asiaworld@gmail

Arresto Menor

i have a contract with Mr. T for the lease of a portion of his building. the contract is for one year. on the third month, Mr.T died. the post-dated checks for the payment of rentals were returned together with a letter from the wife asking that the payee be changed to her name instead since her husband died.

my question is, what's the proper thing to do so in order for us me to avoid future problems? I am of the opinion that the contract remains valid and binding even to the successors. will payment to the wife protect my interest? Is there a need to execute a new contract? Or, will payment to the wife plus execution of an acknowledgment receipt be enough to protect my interest in the leased property?

Thank you! and God Bless Smile

2relativity of contracts Empty Re: relativity of contracts Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:20 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

I don't know for buildings, but for long time leased land the contract is valid UNDEPENDING of who is owner (but can need registration, so the new owner had chance to know before he bought it, when it's a selling case.)

So I suppose in your case the contract is VALID, but the question is WITH WHO, so you don't pay to wrong person.

Do you know Mr T enough to know if the wife will inherit ALL?
Is there any inherit executor involved? If so, you better check with him who to pay to (Get it in writing.)
In any case you better get a contract, which refer to the contract you have allready, and tell who to pay to instead. Then you at least will have a document, which you can refer to, IF someone will claim you have paid to wrong person.

3relativity of contracts Empty Re: relativity of contracts Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

betan.mikki

betan.mikki
Arresto Menor

emandelmo.asiaworld@gmail wrote:i have a contract with Mr. T for the lease of a portion of his building. the contract is for one year. on the third month, Mr.T died. the post-dated checks for the payment of rentals were returned together with a letter from the wife asking that the payee be changed to her name instead since her husband died.

my question is, what's the proper thing to do so in order for us me to avoid future problems? I am of the opinion that the contract remains valid and binding even to the successors. will payment to the wife protect my interest? Is there a need to execute a new contract? Or, will payment to the wife plus execution of an acknowledgment receipt be enough to protect my interest in the leased property?

Thank you! and God Bless Smile
no problem here, just make sure that all payment are accounted for.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum