Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TAXI OPERATOR LIABILITY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TAXI OPERATOR LIABILITY Empty TAXI OPERATOR LIABILITY Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:43 pm

marco_ignacio

Arresto Menor

Maam/Sir Good Day,

I was involved in a freak motor vehicle accident that occurred last 07/24/2013 while traversing the street of Nagtahan Road Sampaloc, Manila in front of SM Hypermart, while waiting for the stop light to turn green (bound to España Blvd).

OOA 2300H of the said place and date,  a taxi cab approaching the said destination in high speed bumped the rear end of my car that caused a domino effect (for me to hit the taxi in front of me) and caused damages on my front and trunk side of the car.

We proceeded at Manila Traffic Bureau at Port Area for investigation. The taxi operator showed up and told me that my car can be fixed in just 7 days and that the taxi driver will shoulder the expenses and a little bit from the operator and i gave them 1-2 weeks lead span. As a form of settlement i agreed with them for me not to be hassled for filing a complaint against him or the taxi driver during that time.

Two weeks had past. Today is 08/10/2013 still my car is not fixed. And when i confronted the taxi driver he told me that  the operator is not going to help him with the expenses.

Now my question are:

1. I know that the taxi driver doesn't that have that amount of money that he can shoulder the expenses for the repair. Can I demand the Operator to shoulder the expenses of the repair?

2.  The settlement between us was to fix my car for 1-2 weeks and until now it is still in the garage and never taken cared of. In good faith I trusted him and betrayed my trust. What criminal  or civil case can I file against him?

Thank your ma'am/sir for your response.

2TAXI OPERATOR LIABILITY Empty Re: TAXI OPERATOR LIABILITY Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:11 pm

attyLLL

you can file a criminal case against the taxi driver, or a civil case against both the operator and the driver.

consider a small claims case, rules on sc.judiciary.gov.ph

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3TAXI OPERATOR LIABILITY Empty Re: TAXI OPERATOR LIABILITY Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:28 pm

marco_ignacio

Arresto Menor

Thank you maam for your reply...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum