Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

My parent's creditor is harassing me

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My parent's creditor is harassing me  Empty My parent's creditor is harassing me Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:20 pm

pinoypower

Arresto Menor

Hi,

My parent's had a huge financial setback, they are the ones who signed the contracts and issued the checks, me and my siblings had nothing to do with, but we try our best to raise money to help my parents for it.

I've read that parent's liabilities are not transferable to their children (except that creditors has a claim on my parent's estate when they pass away)

My question is, there is this one creditor who has been constantly bugging me and threatening me with verbally abusive emails and texts with derogatory messages like "wala kang pinag-aralan, you don't deserve to be considered in the same league as ours etc."

they're even calling my former and current employers looking for me and threatening to go my office and talk to my bosses. They keep stalking my facebook and linkedin accounts, they know where I am etc.

I've already told them they have no right to harass me, as my parents are not running away from their obligations, they have all our info, my parents residence, etc.

What can I do to keep them from harassing me, I'm not legally obligated to answer to them since i wasn't part of the contract between them and my parents.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

pinoypower

Arresto Menor

Interesting, I've been reading the posts here, and walang masyadong sagot/solutions to harassment complaints against creditors, does it mean walang protection ang mga debtors, lalo na yung mga tulad ko na di naman talaga debtor pero nadawit dahil paretns ko ang may pagkakautang? nakalulungkot naman ito..

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

As I have understood the law, you are corect you are not responcible to cover loans belonging to your parents. Only have to make your parents have enough for "surviving".

Have the creditor told why they harrass you? They have your parent's estate as security, so why don't they reposes it to cover the loan? I know it's delayed geting money for them that way, is that the reason, they need money back in a hurry?
Are they in a hurry to leave, belonging to the Indian loan shark family (?) which someone seem to kill? (Not sure if they are same family, but many Indians with same family name have been murdered recently.)

What happen if you answer them "Stop harrass me. You can reposes the estate to cover the loan." ?
If they don't want to reposses, they perhaps will stop harrassing you. Or perhaps they will become more open for negotiating an adjusted paying back scedule.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum