Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redundant redundancies...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redundant redundancies... Empty Redundant redundancies... Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:40 pm

watusi

Arresto Menor

Im not really used to the set up so allow me to get straight to the point.
The University decided to significantly reduce the
number of nursing professors as the number of enrollees declined. The 30 day notice was given for redundant positions.
I was not included on the said redundancies as performance evaluation ranking was used as the "measuring stick".
All of these happened last march and april of this year.
During the summer classes, I am not given a teaching load in the nursing department but was instead tasked to give first aid training to the marine engineering department.
When the start of the first semester came, i am not given any teaching load at all. This is a puzzle for me to say the least as I am a regular.full time faculty and a former department coordinator .
I went to our HR manager and inquired on my status.I was told that no more teaching load can be given to me as all the classes are already filled up. I was not given a concrete explanation aside from the reason that I falied to attend the loading Day that was done during the last week of the summer classes.
What really shocked me was when i was shown the computation of my supposed to be separation pay. I was computed as a resigned employee, so i will only get 36% of my monthly average multiplied by the number of years in service.
You might wonder why I titled it as Redundant Redundancies, well here is the sweet part.... the reason why they cant give me a teaching load is because they already rehired the redundant teachers that they already paid fully last march and april...
I counted not less than 7 of the redundants not redundant anymore, and me, ranked higher and is now out of work.

I am in a bind here...If I am dismissed, I got no notice, I did not resign, I have all the documents, certificates , the works to prove that I have consistently done my vocation.

Can I go directly to the Labor department? Or should I try reasoning with the admin on my own first?

2Redundant redundancies... Empty Re: Redundant redundancies... Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:54 am

watusi

Arresto Menor

Meron po ako konti idea on how this will workout, I am only seeking opinion from a legal standpoint.

I guess my desire not to "burn" bridges and still get what is due for me cannot be reconciled.

3Redundant redundancies... Empty Re: Redundant redundancies... Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:14 am

watusi

Arresto Menor

And, I have a couple of offers to teach elsewhere, But i fear that if i accept them, it will have a negative impact on my present predicament. Would my acceptance of other employment be taken against me?

4Redundant redundancies... Empty Re: Redundant redundancies... Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 pm

watusi

Arresto Menor

Sad ...wala po ba legal advise??

5Redundant redundancies... Empty Re: Redundant redundancies... Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:00 pm

attyLLL

sorry, there are different rules when it comes to teachers, and i don't feel competent to answer.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum