Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Returning from Maternity Leave, was told that my role will be redundant

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Karenivyd

Arresto Menor

Good morning! I am employed in a BPO as a Sr. Mgr. for Operations. I went on LOA May 23, 2014 due to pregnancy complications and gave birth July 31, 2014. I am scheduled to report back to work on October 13, as this is the 76th day after giving birth. I was told by HR that my role was to be declared redundant and was offered a severance package of one month floating status paid but not required to report for work as well as a month's worth of salary and other compensation, upon clearance due to redundancy. Up to this point, I was not given any papers to sign but I have been pointedly told that I am not required to come to work, and if I do,the days I worked will be unpaid. They have not hired a replacement for me but since my work entails managing operations, I am sure that there will be someone doing my previous responsibilities. Also, there are equivalent roles in the company. These were not offered to me.

Is the company's action just?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum