Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retrenchment or Redundant?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Retrenchment or Redundant? Empty Retrenchment or Redundant? Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 pm

pulencio99

Arresto Menor

I need your legal advice on my situation right now.
My wife working on a manufacturing firm in Clark Freeport Zone.
Currently she's handling several buyer accounts namely Macy's & Lacoste.
Unfortunately she was informed by her employer that several employees (she included) will be retrenched, meaning they will be paid 15 days multiply by number of years stayed. I was wondering why she will be retrench when she's still handling an account running in the production with May 2013 delivery. Also, another department was getting my wife to be transferred but the Admin Manager said that the decision was served already so she cannot be absorbed by another department.
Currently their company is continuously hiring production workers as well.
What my wife's been doing correct?
Kindly enlighten me so that I can explain it with my wife.
Thanks & God bless.

2Retrenchment or Redundant? Empty Re: Retrenchment or Redundant? Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

that's retrenchment.. half month's salary x years of service..

3Retrenchment or Redundant? Empty Re: Retrenchment or Redundant? Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:24 pm

pulencio99

Arresto Menor

thanks po...
however, 'di na po ba siya talaga puwede ma-transfer sa ibang department?

4Retrenchment or Redundant? Empty Re: Retrenchment or Redundant? Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:12 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

it's the company's call.. not her..

5Retrenchment or Redundant? Empty Re: Retrenchment or Redundant? Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 am

pulencio99

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the info, God bless.

6Retrenchment or Redundant? Empty Re: Retrenchment or Redundant? Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 pm

pulencio99

Arresto Menor

hi Patok, so it means that it is still a case of retrenchment even if her employer is continuously hiring production workers & she still still have running orders until the middle of the year? It is not a case of redundancy? Thanks in advance.

7Retrenchment or Redundant? Empty Re: Retrenchment or Redundant? Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

they could question that sa DOLE.. kung bakit retrenchement.. is the company suffering losses? so DOLE mag i investigate dyan..

8Retrenchment or Redundant? Empty Re: Retrenchment or Redundant? Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:16 pm

pulencio99

Arresto Menor

thanks for the input, God bless.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum