Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CONTRACTUAL - PART TIME

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CONTRACTUAL - PART TIME Empty CONTRACTUAL - PART TIME Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:33 pm

boom101

Arresto Menor

I hope you can help me with this.

I have been working as a part-time English teacher since September of 2012. I only work 5 hours a day every evening. I am just a contractual employee and the company just renewed my contract every 2 months, but I have been working continuously for 10 months (September 2012-up to this day).

There are part time employees working, 5am to 10pm and they go back at 6pm-12pm, working for 10 hours. They are not qualified for regularization, but part time employees only. My boss is Korean po.

Question po:

1. Should I be regular even I am just a part time employee working for 5 hours a day?

2.Is it right for the company to let employees work as part time continuously without interval as long as they renew the contractual basis contract ever two months? its that legal?

3. Part time employees working 10 hours a day, with broken schedule but still classified as part time employees only and not regular.--Is this legal?

I hope you can help me with this.

TIA.

2CONTRACTUAL - PART TIME Empty Re: CONTRACTUAL - PART TIME Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:04 am

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

boom101 wrote:
1. Should I be regular even I am just a part time employee working for 5 hours a day?

No. Still considered as a contractual/part time employee because your employment is based on contracts renewable every 2 months.

boom101 wrote:
2.Is it right for the company to let employees work as part time continuously without interval as long as they renew the contractual basis contract ever two months? its that legal?

Right and Legal, because that is company's prerogative.

boom101 wrote:
3. Part time employees working 10 hours a day, with broken schedule but still classified as part time employees only and not regular.--Is this legal?

Still legal, PROVIDED, an overtime pay is given in excess of 8hrs work.

3CONTRACTUAL - PART TIME Empty Re: CONTRACTUAL - PART TIME Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:07 pm

attyLLL

IMO, you should already be a regular employee.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum