Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

can i file for a correction in my child's birth certificate after i get married?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dhane0530

Arresto Menor

Hi atty,

my son is using his biological father's surname(my ex boyfriend). Im getting married soon( to a different man), is it possible to have my son's birth certificate corrected after i get married since my maiden name is whats indicated in his birth certificate. I was hoping to have my married name indicated in his birth cert as his mother while i am working with the adoption. I've read in one of the forums here that the only way to change his surname is thru adoption and im going to take care of it after i get married.

more power and god bless

attyLLL

no, only after the adoption can he start using your husband's name

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

dhane0530

Arresto Menor

Thnnk u atty, where can i get the form to file for abondonment? Will the biological father still need to show up in the court even if ive already filed the abandonment case againts him?

attyLLL

your lawyer can allege abandonment in the petition for adoption. the bio father has to be informed of the proceeding. even better if you can get his consent for the adoption.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

dhane0530

Arresto Menor

Hi again atty,

If ever i'd be able to get a consent from my son's biological father for the adoption, what would now be the procedures in the adoption? Would i still need to file something in court? And if i still do, will his presence still be needed?

Thank you

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

Do you know where the biological father is?
If so you can tell him it's GOOD for him if the child is adopted Smile because then you can't demand him to pay anything for the child.

The biological father have to agree to adoption
OR he can't be found in long enough time (I have forgot how long time, but it's at least several months.)

The rest I don't know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum