Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

bar girl keeps on texting

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bar girl keeps on texting Empty bar girl keeps on texting Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:26 pm

ann306

Arresto Menor

hi good day . I have a foreign boyfriend now and we are more than 1 yr.in relationship ,we are happy and no problem. One day there's a girl who keeps on txting and calling my hubby for half year now. And this girl is always saying that my hubby got her pregnant we dont know if it is bullshit story. Because the time we dont meet yet he go to bar and pay the bar for 3 days and now she's telling us that she's pregnant with him. Now our problem is she text us now that she's processing a statement that he needs to support the baby and she will go here to our house with police to sign the statement please help us! we really dont know what to do. Do we need to have a lawyer ?

2bar girl keeps on texting Empty Re: bar girl keeps on texting Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:22 pm

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

She can't force you to sign. Asked her to facilitate DNA testing when she delivers the baby. You will only give support if the DNA test is positive. You can ask her to pay for the DNA Test if she can afford Smile

3bar girl keeps on texting Empty Re: bar girl keeps on texting Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:05 pm

ann306

Arresto Menor

But another thing is my hubby really dont want to see that girl nor the baby, she gave birth already and she might be force us to DNA even we dont really to. He really dont want to anything with that child. Thanks.

4bar girl keeps on texting Empty Re: bar girl keeps on texting Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:51 am

HR Adviser

Reclusion Perpetua

If I were you, just let your BF have a DNA. If it is negative, then you could ask her to stop communicating with you or else you will be construed to file a case against her. But if it is positive, then your BF is only oblige to support the CHILD not the mother. Or else, your BF maybe charged of Economic Abuse.

As for now, you can only tell the "girl" that you will only communicate with her once she could afford DNA Testing or else you might be construed to file Extortion (im not sure if this is the case you can file against her. Pls ask an atty).

But here's the definition of extortion in the Phil
18-3-207. Criminal extortion� aggravated extortion.

(1) A person commits criminal extortion if:
(a) The person, without legal authority and with the intent to induce another person against that other person's will to perform an act or to refrain from performing a lawful act, makes a substantial threat to confine or restrain, cause economic hardship or bodily injury to, or damage the property or reputation of, the threatened person or another person; and
(b) The person threatens to cause the results described in paragraph (a) of this subsection (1) by:
(I) Performing or causing an unlawful act to be performed; or
(II) Invoking action by a third party, including but not limited to, the state or any of its political subdivisions, whose interests are not substantially related to the interests pursued by the person making the threat.
(1.5) A person commits criminal extortion if the person, with the intent to induce another person against that other person's will to give the person money or another item of value, threatens to report to law enforcement officials the immigration status of the threatened person or another person.
(2) A person commits aggravated criminal extortion if, in addition to the acts described in subsection (1) of this section, the person threatens to cause the results described in paragraph (a) of subsection (1) of this section by means of chemical, biological, or harmful radioactive agents, weapons, or poison.
(3) For the purposes of this section, "substantial threat" means a threat that is reasonably likely to induce a belief that the threat will be carried out and is one that threatens that significant confinement, restraint, injury, or damage will occur.
(4) Criminal extortion, as described in subsections (1) and (1.5) of this section, is a class 4 felony. Aggravated criminal extortion, as described in subsection (2) of this section, is a class 3 felony.

'Blackmail' would fall under the crime classification of EXTORTION and would be punished according the penalty for that particular crime in whatever state it is you live in.

5bar girl keeps on texting Empty Re: bar girl keeps on texting Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

It is indeed an extortion!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum