Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

consent of parents

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1consent of parents Empty consent of parents Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:07 pm

amo

Arresto Menor

Greetings!

I am 28 years of age. My girlfriend is 22 years old.

Me and my girlfriend planned to get married but her parents don't give us the consent to do it. But, we still want to pursue it. and we are planning to do it on civil rights ceremony.

According to what i have read and research she still need the consent of her parents for the marriage license.

QUESTION:
1. Is there a way that we can still apply for marriage license even though her parents don't give us the consent?
2. It will be valid if we forged the signature of her parents?
3. What if we declare that her parents was on far province or abroad?

Thank you!

2consent of parents Empty Re: consent of parents Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:46 pm

attyLLL

yes, you can apply for marriage license even without parental advice. it will just be delayed release by 30 days.

don't do anything illegal.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3consent of parents Empty Re: consent of parents Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:12 pm

amo

Arresto Menor

will the local civil registry will still allow us to pass it? or do we need to provide or claim a provision on law regarding this?

4consent of parents Empty Re: consent of parents Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:42 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

amo wrote:will the local civil registry will still allow us to pass it? or do we need to provide or claim a provision on law regarding this?

just apply. just like atty. states the only problem is the prolonged release time. Do not forged anything.

5consent of parents Empty Re: consent of parents Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:52 am

amo

Arresto Menor

thank you!

Atty. can you further explain this article which I will quote or if possible please explain in tagalog.. ty

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum