Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absence without leave

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Absence without leave Empty Absence without leave Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:00 pm

doggieborg

Arresto Menor

Hi. I had an employee who i considered not as a regular worker, because he comes to work whenever he pleases.There are times that he does not come to work for weeks at a time.He has been warned to ask permission several times.A month ago, he did this again and returned to work without notice.So i dismissed him.Now i have a letter from DOLE for illegal dismissal and other offenses.Was it illegal for me to terminate him?

2Absence without leave Empty Re: Absence without leave Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:59 am

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

may due process bang nangyari?

3Absence without leave Empty Re: Absence without leave Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:30 am

doggieborg

Arresto Menor

What is the proper procedure in this case? The laborer went awol several times but we dont give pink slips or other documents because we are just in the business of farming sa bukid.

4Absence without leave Empty Re: Absence without leave Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:10 pm

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

u should give him a chance to explain then admin conference then the decision

5Absence without leave Empty Re: Absence without leave Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:15 am

attyLLL

at this point, you have to focus on proving his absences. i hope you have attendance records.

if you are unable to settle with him, at the bare minimum, you will be made to pay nominal damages for failure to follow due process. worse if he is found to have been illegally dismissed. his salary will be deemed to be continuing until the case is decided with finality.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum