Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tax Declaration as evidence of ownership

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tax Declaration as evidence of ownership Empty Tax Declaration as evidence of ownership Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:50 pm

LancerDell

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I am buying a house and lot property. It has no Land Title only Tax Declaration.
I wanted to ask if transfer of Tax Declaration to my name is recognized by law as evidence of my ownership? Then I do not need TCT anymore?

Thank you

AttyZag

Arresto Mayor

No.

A Tax Declaration is evidence that you paid the Realty Taxes on the property.

At most, its just supplementary evidence. The primary evidence of ownership is still the TCT.

I advise you clarify this with the seller of the property.

If there's no land title, ask why. Was it lost? There are judicial procedures on how to get a new copy of a lost title.

If it's due to another reason, its better to clarify as early as possible before you pay anything.

3Tax Declaration as evidence of ownership Empty property Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:36 pm

joan of arc

Arresto Menor

gudpm atty,

is deed of absolute sale & TCT-transfer of certificate of title or CCT-condominium certificate of title the same?

thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum