Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

please define "more or less" written in tax declaration.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nashrazo

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon po atty's. Please help me to understand the meaning of "more or less" sa tax. Declaration and its purpose and limitations. salamat po.

Ladie

Prision Mayor

Hi Nashrazo:

In my layman understanding, more or less in tax declarations or in land titles or in general use of this term "more or less", ibig sabihin "maaaring humigit o kumulang" sa nasabing "figure" i.e.... 120 sqms. area, more or less, ay maaaring kulang sa 120 or higit sa 120.  Purpose of tax declaration ay ginagamit ng assessor's office to determine how much realty tax is due on that assessed property, and it is not a legal document of ownership of the property but is only for realty tax payment purposes.  Limitations? what do you mean by this? Tax declarations copy cannot be given to anyone who wants a copy, and to limit its distribution, you can write to the assessor's office that without your written permission, no copies of your tax declaration be given or pass on to anyone.  If you mean "limitations as to the assessment value", I think the assessor's office has their own guideline, sometimes a little bit lower from the BIR Zonal value on the land as to its location, class, size, etc., but on improvements I think the assessor's office based their assessment on the current value of the structure/improvement.  Actually, the tax payer is the one declaring the cost of acquisition of the property to the assessor's office.

Nashrazo

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the information :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum