Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

troubled wife

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1troubled wife Empty troubled wife Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:09 pm

troubled wife

Arresto Menor

Hi good day. I would like to ask for your legal advise about my problem.

My boyfriend for 10years is an OFW. Without my knowledge, he had an affair abroad and they had a child. Their affair ended before we got married. I only knew about the child’s existence a few months back. Now, the child is 1 year old and my husband has been supporting the child regularly (from Pre-Natal, delivery, Christening and other important occasions) Our problem is about the mother of the child. Despite our regular support, she still keeps on harassing us. She wants to receive bigger amount of money than what we’re supporting the child. From what I know, the grounds for child support are:1. According to the means/ resources of the giver  2. According to the necessities of the child. She keeps on threatening us that if we won’t give in to her demands, she will file RAPE against my husband and even threatened to go to OWWA to boot my husband from his current work. My question is, What case can I possibly file against her? Furthermore, can she still file R.A 9262 against my husband even if we’re regularly supporting the child?

Thank you. Godbless!

2troubled wife Empty Re: troubled wife Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:38 am

attyLLL

i don't think her charges will have much credibility at this point.

just give a regular amount and retain proof of remittance so that you will have a defense

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3troubled wife Empty Re: troubled wife Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:12 pm

troubled wife

Arresto Menor

Thank you, we do have proof of our remittances. I just hope she'll come to her senses and not pursue with the case. Thank you for your advise.More power! God bless!

4troubled wife Empty Re: troubled wife Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:19 pm

troubled wife

Arresto Menor

Atty, just a follow up question, though. Can she really file the case even if my husband is not in the country(since he's working overseas)? And can she really boot my husband from his work, just like what she's been threatening us since she'll be going to OWWA once we don't give in to her demands? Thanks again.

5troubled wife Empty Re: troubled wife Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 pm

attyLLL

there is no stopping her from filing a case. whether it will prosper depends on the evidence. seems like you have the evidence to show that she is just motivated to get money

of course ther is no harm to adding more if only to buy peace

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6troubled wife Empty Re: troubled wife Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:46 am

troubled wife

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your response atty. I'm just hoping and praying for the best.
Again, thank you and Godbless!

7troubled wife Empty Re: troubled wife Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:32 pm

troubled wife

Arresto Menor

Hi again! It's been a while.. there's an update about my problem and I need your legal advice once again.

Over a month ago, we received an email informing us to stop sending support/money. According to the woman, my husband is not the real father of her child and that the "real father" finally wanted them in their lives and is willing to support them financially. We have the confession in writing and I told my husband not to delete it.

My question is, what case can I possibly file against her? After everything she has put me through, I don't want this to go unnoticed. And what if one day, she suddenly change her mind and decide that my husband is the father of the child...I don't want to go through the process again. Aside from that. I also read something about statute of limitations.Please enlighten me. Thanks

8troubled wife Empty Re: troubled wife Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:58 pm

troubled wife

Arresto Menor

it's been months..can anyone help me regarding my concern? thanks!

9troubled wife Empty Re: troubled wife Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:33 am

mimsy

Reclusion Temporal

keep a soft copy and a hard copy of alk evidences you have against her and keep it away. it is enough that you have suffered from her threats and it is over now. filing a case is tedious and time consuming, and besides, if u file a case against her she can always come up with something against you too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum