Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

notice of unliquidated cash advances

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1notice of unliquidated cash advances Empty notice of unliquidated cash advances Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:31 pm

jesevillajr

Arresto Menor

I cashed 2 checks totaling around 1M for cash advances under my name on Feb. 2010 and immediately turn over the cash to my disbursing personnel. The cash advances are for project activities that were completed in March 2010. This disbursing personnel admitted that all cash advances were turned over to her as soon as the checks were cashed by me. This disbursing personnel also admitted that she is also in-charge of liquidating the cash advances.

2 1/2 years later, in August 2012, I received a notice that I should settle unliquidated advances in the amount of 200+K. This is the first time I was notified of such discrepancy. Am I liable under command responsibility when I am informed of my responsibility after 2 1/2 years? Our fiscal year during that time in June 2010. Why was I not informed of the unliquidated advances after June 2010 audit? I think this is the command responsibility of our Finance Dept.

When should a notice of unliquidated cash advances be served? Is serving the first notice 2 1/2 years later fair and just?

Please help...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum