Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of Contract with Wedding Planner

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Breach of Contract with Wedding Planner Empty Breach of Contract with Wedding Planner Wed May 29, 2013 10:50 am

rlcass

Arresto Menor

Hello and thank you for your assistance in advance,

My wife and I had a contract with a wedding planner for our entire wedding ceremony, reception, photos, videos, etc. The wedding planner stated we would have the professional photos, layouts, and video completed within 60 days of the wedding. It is now 30 days past due. Do we have a case to file a lawsuit for breach of contract and should we sue for the entire contract or just the photos and videos? Thank you.

jem23

Arresto Menor

Good day! I am seeking for advice po regarding sa unpaid salary loan ko last december 2012 worth 5000. I was'nt able to complete the payment because unfortunately eh natanggal po ako sa trabaho. I already talked to the loaning agency and had an agreement na once maemploy ako eh i'l start paying the loan. Until yesterday I received a text from a claiming Attorney Biag saying that the agency will file a case against me. Natakot po tuloy ako. What should I do? Tama po ba ginagawa nila? Kasi po nagpirmahan na kami ng promissory note.

Thanks!

verba legis

Arresto Menor

rlcass wrote:Hello and thank you for your assistance in advance,

My wife and I had a contract with a wedding planner for our entire wedding ceremony, reception, photos, videos, etc. The wedding planner stated we would have the professional photos, layouts, and video completed within 60 days of the wedding. It is now 30 days past due. Do we have a case to file a lawsuit for breach of contract and should we sue for the entire contract or just the photos and videos? Thank you.

Review the agreement you had with the wedding planner. Perhaps, there is a stipulation regarding delays which may both help you out.

If the delay is unreasonable and losses on your part has incurred, you may sue for damages.

LCP

Arresto Menor

Good day Sir!

I am currently employed in a company that entitles me to be with them at least for
5 mos that entitles me to pay 50,000 if i resign within that period.But after 2 mos they have asked of me again to sign another contract which will extend my so called bond for a year.Due to unfortunate events to my family,i am currently in the process of resigning from the company.

I would just like to ask if i would still have to pay anything if ever i get terminated?Or is it okay for me to leave adn ask for considerations from the company?

Thanks!

5Breach of Contract with Wedding Planner Empty Wrong thread, but will help out anyway Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:14 am

AttyZag

Arresto Mayor

LCP wrote:Good day Sir!

I am currently employed in a company that entitles me to be with them at least for
5 mos that entitles me to pay 50,000 if i resign within that period.But after 2 mos they have asked of me again to sign another contract which will extend my so called bond for a year.Due to unfortunate events to my family,i am currently in the process of resigning from the company.

I would just like to ask if i would still have to pay anything if ever i get terminated?Or is it okay for me to leave adn ask for considerations from the company?

Thanks!  
Hi,

Seems like your question is on the wrong thread, but let's see if I can help you out.

If you signed the 2nd contract which extended your bond, I advise you to check it.

If it says that you will be obligated to pay a certain amount, then I'm afraid you would probably be held liable for that amount when you leave. The contract is the law between the parties, and since you agreed to it, you're bound to its terms under the law.

As for your second question, I advise you to ask for a reconsideration BEFORE you leave. You're in a better bargaining position while you're still in the company. Besides, if your reasons for leaving are really beyond your control, you could present your case to your company and there may be a chance for them to make an exception for you. Nothing to lose if you ask.

On the other hand, if you leave the company first THEN ask for a reconsideration, I feel that this lessens your chances of getting a break. Remember, you're no longer a part of the company at that point, and they are not obligated to help out people no longer connected to them.

Hope this helps.

6Breach of Contract with Wedding Planner Empty Concurring opinion Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:17 am

AttyZag

Arresto Mayor

verba legis wrote:
rlcass wrote:Hello and thank you for your assistance in advance,

My wife and I had a contract with a wedding planner for our entire wedding ceremony, reception, photos, videos, etc.  The wedding planner stated we would have the professional photos, layouts, and video completed within 60 days of the wedding.  It is now 30 days past due.  Do we have a case to file a lawsuit for breach of contract and should we sue for the entire contract or just the photos and videos?  Thank you.

Review the agreement you had with the wedding planner. Perhaps, there is a stipulation regarding delays which may both help you out.

If the delay is unreasonable and losses on your part has incurred, you may sue for damages.

Agree with Verba Legis.

Although, I'm finding it hard to look for instances wherein a person could be damaged for late photos.

My advice at this point? Send a demand letter by LBC or registered mail so you have proof that you demanded compliance with the terms of the contract at this date. Therefore, if you decide to file a case in the future, you have proof of the delay and you lay the basis for the damages incurred.

Hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum