Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

need legal advice for physical injury and damage of property

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

herald

Arresto Menor

Good day attorneys!

I just need some advice. Here's what happened. Last May 3, I had a drinking session with my friends and it was also my friend's birthday. Only 3 of us were left drinking when one started up an argument with me which resulted to him punching me first then I punched him back until he fell down. I decided to go home but the other one attacked me. He punched me and hit me with a chair on my nape. I gave him a hard punch on his face. I was wearing set of rings when I hit him so it resulted to him having some bruises and abrasion. On the same day, I went to a hospital and was given treatment. I secured a medical certificate. 2 days later, he filed a case in our barangay for physical injury and damage to property. He claimed that I hit him with a stone on the face and broke the tables and chairs which I did not do. He has no medico legal certificate to present. He has some receipts for medicines and request for ct scan. He claimed that he doesn't have money to have himself checked up and he wanted me to just give him money for whatever it will cost him for the ct scan and medicines. We had 2 meetings every Saturday in our barangay but it was not our first official hearing yet. It seems the lupon is in favor of him since his father is a friend of the official. The receipts were not being checked or validated. Now his face has totally healed. We agreed to meet up this Sunday to accompany him to have ct scan as what the lupon said. There's no assurance that he will withdraw the case after I pay for his check up. Please give me some advice on what to do. Thank you.

verba legis

Arresto Menor

There is no case yet filed against you.
There is none to be withdrawn.

You just had a barangay mediation/conciliation proceeding.
In fact, if the parties failed to settle, or if the settlement was repudiated, then that's the time that you or both of you seek legal remedies.

Any of you or both of you can file cases of physical injuries against each other. Be ready with your medical certificates.

Only then that he, or both of you can speak in bargaining terms.

herald

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the immediate response. May I also ask how many days can a person secure a medical certificate for physical injury case from the time it happened so it will be considered.

verba legis

Arresto Menor

the medical certificate is usually issued immediately, right after the consultation was made, on the day itself

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum