Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Libel? Help, please!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Libel? Help, please! Empty Libel? Help, please! Tue May 28, 2013 12:43 am

unfamiliar

Arresto Menor

I had this dispute with a bank personnel earlier this month. What happened was she publicly humiliated my 67 year old mother in the bank while my mom tried to deposit a check to her account. When I confronted this teller, she was very rude, arrogant, indifferent, and even insinuated that my mother was making up stories. She never apologized to my mom. In height of my anger, I took her photo and posted a note in my facebook acount about what happened that day. 8 days later, the bank manager and the superior officer of the manager came to out house to apologize and asked if we could take off the facebook article. I did.

Now, this teller has summoned me to the barangay today with a libel case, and demanded I apologize to her publicly by printing an ad for 8 days of my apology letter to her, stating I take back every thing I said about her and that I did it on the sole purpose of ruining her maliciously.

I do not want to agree to her demands because it would make me a liar, it would make me seem like I fabricated my complaints to the bank, it would serve as a defense for her against my mom's letter of complaint to the bank and most of all, it would cost me a whooping 80,000.00 pesos the least!

I need help, legal advice and opinions. Please! Thank you for taking the time to read. I do hope for responses.

2Libel? Help, please! Empty Re: Libel? Help, please! Tue May 28, 2013 1:29 am

unfamiliar

Arresto Menor

Might I also add that this bank personnel is a law graduate. Having that knowledge in legal matters, I feel blindsided by the already prepared demands of this teller.

Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum