Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non-Involvment Clause

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non-Involvment Clause Empty Non-Involvment Clause Sat May 04, 2013 12:52 pm

louise.sumang

Arresto Menor

Dear Attorney,

My employer recently asked us to sign a "Non-Involvement Agreement" which stipulates that "for a period of 24 months from separation, resignation or termination from employment, the Employee will not directly or indirectly engage in any business similar with that of the company is engaged to. This covenant shall apply to geographical areas that include the Republic of the Philippines and other countries and locations where the company has offices."

This agreement is now just being served to us (existing employees), do we have the option not to sign it?

Also, although the clause has provided a limit to space, is this still acceptable covering the whole of the Philippines and overseas offices?

As a background, the company is involved in the outsourcing business but it is not just a call center it also offers virtual assistants to small - medium enterprises.

My employment background has been in the call center industry and a freelance virtual assistant before joining the company. IF I sign this agreement and in the event that I resign, would this not deprive me from my right to engage in the type of employment I only knew?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Louise

2Non-Involvment Clause Empty Re: Non-Involvment Clause Sun May 05, 2013 10:26 pm

attyLLL

in my opinion, you have the right not to sign.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Non-Involvment Clause Empty Re: Non-Involvment Clause Sun May 12, 2013 2:59 pm

louise.sumang

Arresto Menor

Thanks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum