Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Common Law Marriage

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Common Law Marriage Empty Common Law Marriage Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Cooper Law

Arresto Menor

Is a "Common Law Marriage" valid in the Philippines? That is, is there any way a man and woman living together as man and wife can become considered married by the State without an official ceremony (assuming normal Christian/Western traditions, so no special regional customs to consider)?

E.g., In some states in the US, if a man and woman live together as man and wife and hold themselves out to be married, then in the eyes of the law, they are married despite never having a wedding.

2Common Law Marriage Empty Re: Common Law Marriage Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:56 pm

attyLLL

no, that is not recognized a valid marriage here. however, if they are both capacitated to marry and then all income acquired during the time they live together is considered co-owned n equal shares.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Common Law Marriage Empty Re: Common Law Marriage Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am

Cooper Law

Arresto Menor

That is interesting. What does it mean to be "capacitated" to marry? I mean, what are the elements of capacity to marry?

4Common Law Marriage Empty Re: Common Law Marriage Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 am

attyLLL

basically, at least 18 years old and single

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Common Law Marriage Empty Re: Common Law Marriage Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Cooper Law

Arresto Menor

Thanks po :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum