Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to file Nullity of marriage overseas

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to file Nullity of marriage overseas Empty How to file Nullity of marriage overseas Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 pm

tinlaurence@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

hello. :.I want to seek legal advice on my marriage,,We are married here in saudi at Philippine embassy,,we are able to produced all the required docs from Nat'l Statistics Office (NSO) in the Phil.There was this girl in the philippines claiming to be legal wife of my husband and she was able to provide registered NSO marriage cert.As per my husband he was not their on the said wedding, and he didnt even give any documents as required before filing,,the other girl said she will file bigamy for us and have us deported,she is asking 3000 thou from my husband for her not to file us case ,she said this money will be used to file annulment of their marriage..with this,

1) can we file nullity of the said marriage to the other girl?
2) can we be persecuted by law and be deported back in the Phil? ( as what the girl said )
3)is it possible to file nullity here in abroad or my husband need to go back to the Philippines and file there?
4)how can we win the case? ( I do believe that Im the legal wife and our marriage is valid,hers was voidable because it doesn't underwent due process of filing marriage license and major prerequisite was not established?

please help me find answers to my question cause Im very stress with my situation..pls.... Sad

attyLLL

1) yes, but you will have to prove a ground
2) yes, but i saudi, not in PH (opinion only)
3) filing can be done even while he is there, but he will have to come back and testify
4) you have to prove that there was indeed a farce wedding and that his signature is fake.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3How to file Nullity of marriage overseas Empty Nullify a mariage Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 pm

tinlaurence@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

thank you for your response..is it possible that may husband can be sued for bigamy by the girl and he can be deported back in the Philippines? We consulted a lawyer and he said we need not to worry and file nullity of marriage to the alleged marriage to the other girl,as long as we know that it is not legally binding and no wedding ceremony happens even if the said marriage was registered at NSO office..is that true?

attyLLL

as i said, in my opinion, if he will be prosecuted for bigamy, it should be in ksa, no in ph, because the wedding was conducted there. he will have a valid defense if it is filed here. and if he can prove that the signature on the marriage contract is fake, just like in one of the cases we are handling.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

tinlaurence@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

tnx for your advice,,it's really a big help for our problem,,therefore we decided that we will go home in the phil. next yr to file a case to the other woman and gather all evidence to proved that the said marriage is voidable..Usually how long it takes for the process?

jane-25

Arresto Menor

Hi po, ask ko lang po ung bf ko po married pero kinasal sya birthday nya as 18 years old yun po yung nakalagay birthcert nya but totoong pinanganak sya oct 26 1978. Ang nakalagay po sa birt cert nya April 26 1979. Bago po ako dalawang babae na po yung dumaan sa buhay ng bf ko but ngayon nya lang po naisip na ipa annul yung kasal nila dahil di na po nya mahal yung asawa nya at di na po sya nakatira dun . Minsan po pumupunta po sya un para makita nya mga bata. Anu po ba the best na gawin para mapawalang bisa kasl nila.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum