Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Single Parent Tax Exemption

+4
eskabetse
rchrd
Ladie
Mssheilabagares
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Single Parent Tax Exemption Empty Single Parent Tax Exemption Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Mssheilabagares

Arresto Menor

Single mother po ako ng 2. Yung isa ko po 13 na at asa 1st year highschool na po sa dumaguete sa father side ko. Tapos yung bunso ko asa kalugar ko lang pero as father side nya at nag-aaral na din po. Lahat po sila ay sinusustentohan ko po ang pag-aaral habang andito po ako sa manila. Pwede po ba ako magfile ng tax exemption never po ako nakasal at ever since di po ako humingi ng tulong sa dad nila para sa sustento alaga lang ang request regarding sa bunso ko habang nagwowork ako tutal magkalugar naman kami....

Kung pwede ako magfile ng exemption pano at saan....

2Single Parent Tax Exemption Empty Re: Single Parent Tax Exemption Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Ladie

Prision Mayor

Na-check mo na ba ang Tax Reform Act 8424 re: sa question mo? I quote from this Act that may help you.
Excerpt from Tax Reform Act RA-8424
"SEC. 35. Allowance of Personal Exemption for Individual Taxpayer. –
(A) In General. - For purposes of determining the tax provided in Section 24 (A) of this Title, there shall be allowed a basic personal exemption as follows:
For single individual or married individual judicially decreed as legally
separated with no qualified dependents P20,000
For Head of Family P25,000
For each married individual P32,000
In the case of married individuals where only one of the spouses is deriving gross income, only such spouse shall be allowed the personal exemption.
For purposes of this paragraph, the term 'head of family' means an unmarried or legally separated man or woman with one or both parents, or with one or more brothers or sisters, or with one or more legitimate, recognized natural or legally adopted children living with and dependent upon him for their chief support, where such brothers or sisters or children are not more than twenty-one (21) years of age, unmarried and not gainfully employed or where such children, brothers or sisters, regardless of age are incapable of self-support because of mental or physical defect.
(B) Additional Exemption for Dependents. - There shall be allowed an additional exemption of Eight thousand pesos (P8,000) for each dependent not exceeding four (4).
The additional exemption for dependent shall be claimed by only one of the spouses in the case of married individuals.
In the case of legally separated spouses, additional exemptions may be claimed only by the spouse who has custody of the child or children: Provided, That the total amount of additional exemptions that may be claimed by both shall not exceed the maximum additional exemptions herein allowed.
For purposes of this Subsection, a 'dependent' means a legitimate, illegitimate or legally adopted child chiefly dependent upon and living with the taxpayer if such dependent is not more than twenty-one (21) years of age unmarried and not gainfully employed or if such dependent, regardless of age, is incapable of self-support because of mental or physical defect.

Gud luck...

3Single Parent Tax Exemption Empty Re: Single Parent Tax Exemption Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 am

rchrd

rchrd

you are a head of the family with two dependents. as per the revised version of what Ladie posted, you are entitled to 50 thousand personal exemption plus 25 thousand each for your children provided you can show that they are considered living with you and dependent on you for support. kahit di mismong kasama sa bahay, pwedeng iconsidera na living with you depende sa circumstances. secure ka ng form 2305 sa BIR tapos pwede ka na ring magpa-advice dun.

4Single Parent Tax Exemption Empty Re: Single Parent Tax Exemption Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:14 pm

eskabetse

Arresto Menor

Hi Sirs,

I was wondering if you can help me with my situation, we're separated pero I provide financial support to my kid, along with paying for 100% of tuition fees, school bus, and other miscellaneous expenses. Pero the child lives with her mother. Can I apply for the personal exemption and the exemption for the dependent?

Thanks

5Single Parent Tax Exemption Empty Re: Single Parent Tax Exemption Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 pm

shuttercount

Arresto Menor

Ok.

Tax exemptions for unmarried is only defined called as dependents.

6Single Parent Tax Exemption Empty Single Parent Tax Exemption Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:40 pm

monic_ydr

Arresto Menor

Hi there.
Don't know if I can still post on this thread but I just want to make sure I understand Tax Reform Act 8424 correctly.
I am a single mom. Unmaried with 2 kids now 18 and 16. The father had abandoned the kids years ago.
Does this act means that aside from the P50K tax exemptions I get for the 2 kids I also should have a P50K  personal exemption? I am aware of the exemption for the kids but not quite sure if I am getting the personal excemption as well. Is that standard procedure? I don't remember being asked to fill up a 2305 BIR form by our HR. And is the exemption for the dependents till 18 only or 21? My son just turned 18 and works part time in a fast food store but he still lives with me and I still provide for almost all of his needs including his college tuition. Is he still considered my dependent and therefore qualified for the exemption?
Hope you can give me some more info on this. Appreciate the time. Thanks

7Single Parent Tax Exemption Empty tax exemption Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:19 pm

celc_2014

Arresto Menor

sir,
sino po ang may karapatan na mag file ng tax exemption, ang lalaki o ang babae
sa ngayon po magkahiwalay kami ng live in partner ko, may 2 kaming anak nasa akin po sila

tnx
boy

8Single Parent Tax Exemption Empty Re: Single Parent Tax Exemption Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:38 am

itsmedave29

Arresto Menor

Ask ko lng po kng paanu ggawin sa situation nmin ng live in partner ko. Ung partner ko po ay nagtatrabaho at ako po ay studyante at unemployed. .we have 2 children, isang 3y/o at 1y/o. .paanu po ang gagawin kapag magfile ng tax exemption?? Pwede ba ciang magfile for additional tax exemption??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum