Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

too old to be a lawyer?

+10
Mr. BeerGin
tatan1712
assenav
raheemerick
rhon080281
johnna30
Pedro Parkero
wattleferdz
attyLLL
strongwind
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1too old to be a lawyer? Empty too old to be a lawyer? Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:28 pm

strongwind

Arresto Menor

hi, I need your opinion in order for me to decide much better...I am already 43 years old, family man, a civil engr by profession, a real estate broker. I want to take law , maybe in 2015. Am I too old for this career? Is there any age limit for a lawyer to practice law? thanks.

2too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 pm

attyLLL

no, there's no age limit. i recommend you get into the best law school that you can, one with a high passing rate in the bar. good luck

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:55 pm

wattleferdz

Arresto Menor

@strongwind, I used to have a classmate (who passed the bar same batch as I am) who was 48. We also had a classmate who was 62 and another who was 55. Didn't hear anything of them na kung mga lawyers na din.

4too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Pedro Parkero

Pedro Parkero
Reclusion Perpetua

strongwind wrote:hi, I need your opinion in order for me to decide much better...I am already 43 years old, family man, a civil engr by profession, a real estate broker. I want to take law , maybe in 2015. Am I too old for this career? Is there any age limit for a lawyer to practice law? thanks.

kung may age limit yan, malamang 100 years old, kasi last na dinig ko nakapagrepresent pa si Justice Cuevas ke Justice Corona Very Happy

seryusly, wala. importante lang ata good moral. kuno.

5too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 pm

johnna30

Arresto Menor

wala pong age limit...basta po willing po kayo mag-exert ng time at effort sa pag-aaral ng law...isipin niyo na lang po na para din kayong kumukuha ng doctorate degree...hehe Very Happy so what kung 40+ na po kayo? ang importante po, ma-prove niyo po sa sarili niyo that you have what it takes to be a lawyer Smile

6too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 am

rhon080281

Arresto Menor

just exert your effort and do your best sa pag aaral ng batas. if gusto mo tlaga amging lawyer you should try apara walang pagsisi sa huli.. Good luck and God bless

7too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:28 pm

raheemerick

raheemerick
Reclusion Perpetua

eh ako attyLLL may pag asa ba ako maging mahusay na abucado? este!! abogado pla:)

8too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

assenav

assenav
Prision Mayor

raheemerick wrote:eh ako attyLLL may pag asa ba ako maging mahusay na abucado? este!! abogado pla:)

aba.. at nangangarap pala si sir Raheemerick maging lawyer... Razz

hmmmmmm... Laughing

9too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:30 am

tatan1712

tatan1712
Arresto Mayor

Country’s oldest new lawyer is 70 years old

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/99731/countrys-oldest-new-lawyer-is-70-years-old

10too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Wed May 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Mr. BeerGin

Mr. BeerGin
Arresto Menor

this reminds me of a text from Facebook for posting sa FB wall ko sounds like this.

" i think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer".

i hope lahat ng naging lawyers ay nakita nila ang kasagutan sa kanilang pinangarap.
was it the answer or not?
anyone?

11too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:56 am

foobarph

foobarph
Prision Mayor

read the life of atty domondon as inspiration - http://www.ustcivillaw.com/?page_id=2812

if you will take law now, how can you take 2015 bar? you'll take it in 2 yrs preparation? maybe in 2017 or 2018 though.

good luck po

12too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Bachelor7

Arresto Menor

Education is a continuous learning and there's no age limit in the study of law.
I have a friend, he was 43yo when he enrolled in first year. During the first semester of our third year, he topped in all our exams. I mean, in ALL our subjects.

13too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:28 pm

BAMF

Arresto Menor

42 yo here, ECE, first year law. Why not ? Di naman bawal.

14too old to be a lawyer? Empty Re: too old to be a lawyer? Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 am

advise_please2013

Arresto Mayor

Good day everyone!

I would like to raise questions related to the topic.

How long does it take for a second courser (law being the second degree) to finish assuming all subjects are passed?

What is the average tuition per semester?

Is there internship too?

How many bar exam schedules do we have in a year?

How much to spend for review and the exam days? Please share an estimate.

How many days to answer the exam?

Thank you very much.

G
What are these days? How many hours?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum