Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need help and advice

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need help and advice Empty Need help and advice Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:06 am

caterpillar69

Arresto Menor

I was separated by my husband about 2 years before I worked abroad. I am almost 5 years here, so it's almost 7 years we're separated. I filed a Divorce here abroad before I applied for permanent residency for the purpose that he won't bother me here anymore. The divorce paper was approved here last July 15, 2010. I only included my daughter in my immigrant package, who's not his biological daughter. We already had issues back home before I got a job here that's why I left him for I can't stand him psychological torturing anymore. Knowing that annulment in our country is so expensive and time consuming. When I got here, I opened myself to get a new life but he still chase me with threats on emails. To be honest, before I married this guy, I was married before, who was the biological dad of my daughter. He was charged of Bigamy that time coz he married the woman that he impregnated. They stowed away and haven't heard from them. Few years after his disappearance, I met this guy and wants to marry me, but I insisted that I can't coz I am still married. We consulted a lawyer and I was advised to file for a Declaration of Presumptive Death. I went through the process and eventually got the court order. Then to make it short, we got married. I was assured by the lawyer that I won't be charged for bigamy in case my first husband shows up but my 2nd marriage will be void. Now, that I am here in abroad....making myself secured that he won't bother me anymore, did the best legal thing I can, still he bothers me. He has already a copy of the divorce papers....and his last email message was, he want me to submit this paper to the Phil. Embassy before June, 2013 this year, or else he will do something for me. This has been neverending......I want peace of mind...I need your advice.I know I made a mess in my marriages and I want to straighten this out for good. Please help me.

2Need help and advice Empty Re: Need help and advice Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

What is your citizenship now? If Filipino, the divorce you obtained will not be recognized under the Philippine law.

3Need help and advice Empty Re: Need help and advice Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 pm

ssshheilahush@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

i've been separated with my husband for almost 8 yrs (but not legally)....without any financial support from him for my daughter,what can i do...i think he has a new family now not knowing that he's alrady married.

4Need help and advice Empty Re: Need help and advice Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

What is it that you want?

5Need help and advice Empty Re: Need help and advice Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 pm

ssshheilahush@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

can i ask financial support from him? his excuse before was that he doesnt have work...i'm planning to inform the family of the girl about his real status to get even...for almost 8 yrs.i didnt bother him.

6Need help and advice Empty Re: Need help Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 am

caterpillar69

Arresto Menor

ibonidarna wrote:What is your citizenship now? If Filipino, the divorce you obtained will not be recognized under the Philippine law.
Reply:

I am still an immigrant here. I know, I am still a Filipino Citizen but it's almost 7 years we separated. I just can't keep our marriage. And I don't have time to file an annulment coz I can't go home anytime. I don't what he wants. He may want to get an opportunity here or whatever. That's why, even how much I want to plan to visit home someday, I am apprehensive to go home because of his threats. I feel safe here with my daughter. I haven't gone home for 5 years and I really miss my brothers. So, even 7 years of separation, I still am stucked with him?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum