Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child to use father's surname

+2
jd888
Momandme
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Child to use father's surname Empty Child to use father's surname Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:27 am

Momandme

Arresto Menor

Good day! I have a 2 year old son.. I am not married when i gave birth.. His father wasn't able to sign his birth certificate when he was born because his father was away(abroad).. & we were not in good terms that time..so, i let my son to use my family name(my maiden name).. But after 1 year, his father came back.. we were together again, settled things up and decided to get wed.. We got married last december and now, we want to change our son's surname.. Can you give us advice on what to do? And how can we change my son's surname to his? Hope to hear a reply soon.. Thanks a lot!

2Child to use father's surname Empty Re: Child to use father's surname Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 am

jd888

Go to the Civil Registrar Office on the City where the Child is Born and ask for a Form required by NSO.

AS per NSO:

The name of the father of the illegitimate child may be indicated on the birth certificate of the latter whenever the former executes an affidavit of admission of paternity, provided that such affidavit shall not affect the naming of the illegitimate child. (Opinion of the Civil Code Revision Committee, September 23, 1988)

The affidavit mentioned in the immediately preceding paragraph, if executed by the father shall be permanently attached to and shall form part of the birth certificate of the illegitimate child. the birth certificate in such a case must have a remark "With Attached Affidavit of Admission of Paternity" impressed with a rubber stamp at the upper left-hand margin and duly signed by the local civil registrar or authorized civil registry personnel.

Illegitimate children falling under this classification who were not registered within the prescribed period of registration shall comply with the requirement of delayed registration of births. (Section 4 Circular No. 89-13 dated July 17, 1989)

http://www.chanrobles.com/

3Child to use father's surname Empty Re: Child to use father's surname Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 am

Momandme

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot...

4Child to use father's surname Empty Re: Child to use father's surname Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 am

jd888

Good luck!

http://www.chanrobles.com/

5Child to use father's surname Empty Re: Child to use father's surname Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 am

advice_from_you

Arresto Menor

madami na po ba nakulong na lalaki sa R.A 9262. pag na kulong how can support pa if nakulong na?

6Child to use father's surname Empty Re: Child to use father's surname Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Jecai

Arresto Menor

Good day!
I would like to ask for an advice. I am using my mother's surname all this time,i never meet my father ever since and i don't have any communication with him until now. But I decided to personally make a move to change my last name into my father's for my own benefit. Mahirap poh kc maging illegitimate,naka2baba ng self esteem. They were not married but there is an affidavit of acknowledgement which my father signed. What should i do to change my last name?

7Child to use father's surname Empty Re: Child to use father's surname Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:46 pm

andersonandgallagher

Arresto Menor

Is the change mandatory?I am also using my mother's surname still now.But if you really want to change, make a simple affidavit with all your old documents.Hope it will do the job.

http://www.andersongallagher.ie/

8Child to use father's surname Empty Re: Child to use father's surname Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:18 pm

cohleen

Arresto Menor

Gud day po!
Meron po akong anak at ginagamit po nya yung apelido ko
Ngayon po gsto sana namin pbgo ang apelido nya
At gamitin yung sa tatay nya pero sa birth certificate
Ng bata hndi po nakalagay ang pangaln ng tatay nya parang
Lumalabas po n wala siyang tatay sa birth certificate
Ano p b ang dapat gawin para magamit ng bata ang apelido
Ng tatay nya hndi rin po kmi kasal.salamat po

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]