Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breach of Contract from an International School

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dino andrey

Arresto Menor

Good day Mr. Moderator. I just want to ask for an advice regarding my problem with the contract that i have. I signed a contract to teach for 3 years but I decided to resign but I will finish the school year. the problem is that our school directress and principal told me that I have to pay 30,000 pesos for breach of contract but the thing is all the while I thought that the 30,000 is for the damages that my resignation will cause pero now that i am resigning they told me that it is not like that. When i signed the contract that was what is running inside my mind and our principal also that un nga ang purpose nung 30k n bayad pero suddenly it changed. One thing up to now I still do not have a copy of my contract and all my co teachers were not given a copy of their contract either. What is the best thing to do? Thank you in advance for any reply or advice.

jd888

You should demand a copy of your contract first and read the contents thoroughly.

It is prudent that you have to consult the DOLE on your area so that they can also elaborate to you the full contents of the contract.

If you will tender resignation, just make sure that it is in accordance with the establish standard, which is to give the institution ample time to find your replacement; give them at least One (1) Month or more.

You mentioned that you will finish the school year; it is a good move.

I am doubting the legitimacy of Php 30,000 issue; thus, a DOLE Office consultation shall do you good.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

dino andrey

Arresto Menor

Thank you po. Tomorrow i'll be able to get the copy of my contract i hope.

dino andrey

Arresto Menor

Good day po. I now have the copy of my contract and it stated that "In case I will not be able to finish the agreed teaching years or terms stated above, I agree without argument that I will be given corresponding sanction for breaching the contract: a. I will not be issued an employment certificate b. That I will pay an amount of 30,000 pesos, as compensation for jeopardizing the efficacy of my institution in carrying out its educational duties. c. That my employer, with whom i am under contract, has the right to defer my possible future employment to another company until any issues have been settled."
Ano po kaya ang laban ko dito? Thanks po Atty LLL

jd888

a. I will not be issued an employment certificate

b. That I will pay an amount of 30,000 pesos, as compensation for jeopardizing the efficacy of my institution in carrying out its educational duties.

c. That my employer, with whom i am under contract, has the right to defer my possible future employment to another company until any issues have been settled."

Ano po kaya ang laban ko dito? Thanks po Atty LLL

You have conformed to these terms, then you shall abide by it.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum