Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non Diminution of Benefits

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non Diminution of Benefits Empty Non Diminution of Benefits Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 am

boyetdoctolerojr

Arresto Menor

Good Day. I've been with this company for over 10 years now and we, employees are enjoying this leave/vacation with pay every Holy Week (Monday to Wednesday) and Christmas break from December 26 to 31 with pay. Now the company wants to remove this which has been implemented even before I join the company over 10 years ago. Is this considered as non diminution of benefits or Is this considered as benefits given to their employees? If it is not written in block and white can we still consider this as benefit?

Thank you and God Bless.

2Non Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Non Diminution of Benefits Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

when a benefit is being given yearly and for a long time already, it becomes part of the employee's package. So yes, that is diminution of benefits and it's not allowed. You should file a complaint sa DOLE.

3Non Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Non Diminution of Benefits Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:52 pm

boyetdoctolerojr

Arresto Menor

Thank your sir. I already discussed Art. 100 to the management and my employer says its debatable because according to them it all depends on the lawyer who interpret the law is this correct? Thank you and more power.

If we file complaint to the DOLE will it take long to hear our concerns?

Again thank your for your feedback.

4Non Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Non Diminution of Benefits Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:35 pm

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

That is according to them. But that is not what the law and jurisprudence say.

As to the length of the trial, it could be as short as 3 months or as long several years.

5Non Diminution of Benefits Empty Re:Non Diminution of Benefits Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 pm

boyetdoctolerojr

Arresto Menor

Good Day Sir, This is again in connection with my email/queries for the non diminution of benefits.

According to my employer the Holiday that we enjoyed (first three days of holy week Mon to Wed) since joining the company way back feb. 2000 was a memo last april 1997 and was announce as a temporary memo and according to them, It was never intended to be permanent, and according to them the circular made it clear. Management exercised its prerogative in cancelling the circular as stipulated in that very same memo. I havent seen the memo as they claim.

Is this a valid reason? Is the Article 100 does not apply to these case? I haven't file a complaint yet from the DOLE. If I am going to DOLE, where should I go? I work somewhere in Makati City.

thank you and hope to hear from you.

6Non Diminution of Benefits Empty Re: Non Diminution of Benefits Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 pm

attyLLL

look for the nearest dole office on their website

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum