Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

need advice on what to do

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1need advice on what to do Empty need advice on what to do Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:44 pm

michellealexis2003

Arresto Menor

i was suspended due to mistagging a call. it was my first offense. my performance at work is excellent.i dont have any attendance issues, after 1 month and 7 days, i found out i was terminated.My immediate supervisor didn't even advised me,and i haven't recieved any texts or letter from HR. My co- workers told me that news since my TL announced it to them already. I went to HR to verify this info and i got the letter regarding the result. i felt that the result was unfair and unjustified. what should i do?

2need advice on what to do Empty Re: need advice on what to do Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:53 pm

jd888

There was no Due Process on this. This is illegal and irregular procedure. Bring this with NLRC.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

3need advice on what to do Empty Re: need advice on what to do Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

agree.. illegal dismissal yan..

4need advice on what to do Empty Re: need advice on what to do Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:13 pm

michellealexis2003

Arresto Menor

ano po ung NLRC? i was advised by HR yesterday to file for an appeal. they asked me write a letter to be submitted to them,addressed to hr director.. ano po gagawin ko?

5need advice on what to do Empty Re: need advice on what to do Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 pm

jd888

Make an Appeal first; they may reinstate you.

NLRC is a unit of DOLE that caters for matters of Legal Nature such as illegal termination and others such as pay or wage issues.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

6need advice on what to do Empty Re: need advice on what to do Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 pm

michellealexis2003

Arresto Menor

ok po..i'm on the process of doing it right now so i can submit it later. does it need to be very formal? do i need to include any labor laws that might help?or just write a letter regarding my thoughts about the job i had.

7need advice on what to do Empty Re: need advice on what to do Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 pm

attyjoyce

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi michellealexis2003,

FYI. For termination of employment based on just causes, procedural due process requires that the employee be given the benefit of the so-called twin-notice and hearing, as follows:

First notice: Notice to Explain (NTE) or order to show cause. A written notice served on the employee specifying the ground or grounds for termination, and giving to said employee reasonable opportunity within which to explain his side.

Hearing or formal investigation. A hearing or conference during which the employee concerned, with the assistance of counsel if the employee so desires, is given opportunity to respond to the charge, present his evidence or rebut the evidence presented against him.

Second notice: Notice of decision. A written notice of termination served on the employee indicating that upon due consideration of all the circumstances, grounds have been established to justify his termination.

If the above procedural process was not complied with, then you have a ground to file illegal dismissal against your employer.

But take note, If the dismissal is for just cause but without prior notice and hearing, the dismissal is valid but the employer may be required to pay nominal damages to the dismissed employee.

For more free legal information about Labor laws, you may visit www.domingo-law.com

http://www.domingo-law.com

8need advice on what to do Empty Re: need advice on what to do Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:38 pm

michellealexis2003

Arresto Menor

thanks po atty joyce. everything is followed nman po. we did go through this but ung reason nabinigay nila for termination eh parang mababaw po. isang call lng po ito out of thousands call na narecieved ko pero ito lang ung unang escalation na narecieved ko,grounds na po ba agad un for termination?khit performance wise pasado lahat ako at wala po akong attendance issues.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum