Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I don't want my ex-husband (american) have a share of my properties

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

smasher331

Arresto Menor

Help pls! I am a Filipina and was married to an American.
My american husband abandoned me, we only stayed together for 8 days after wedding that was 5 yrs ago. We were married in Manila in 2008.

I heard in 2010 he filed for our divorce, I did not have the chance to see it and never signed it but last time I heard was approved already as his other women told me they saw it, he had been seeing other Filipinas and he have been using it to prove to them he's no longer married to me. I asked my ex-husband to send me a copy but was never sent to me.

Now my question is about acquiring properties.
I inherited some properties fr my parents and
also buying my own property.

As per Philippine laws we are required to have our spouse' sign the contract as well when we are buying a property. I don't want him to have a share of my property. I asked my broker already and they said my ex-husband must have a signature as we are not annulled in Philippines. What shall I do?

Also, does he have a right over my inheritance fr my parents? what shall I do?

Is it true that we can have our divorce authenticated in
NSO and DFA so it will be honored in Philippines? I have no plans of remarrying, I'm only concerned about my properties.

Thanks for the help

jd888

Compel your Ex-Husband to send you an Autheticated Copy of the Divorce Papers, ask for assistance from The US Embassy if he is not willing to cooperate.

Then, only you can file to the Philippine Court to honor the Divorce.

You are wed in Philippines and the Philippine Law is Dominant on this matter.

You can only pray for the Philippine Court to honor it.

Request a Copy of the Divore Papers and we will Discuss your move after it.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

smasher331

Arresto Menor

Thank for you for the quick reply!

By the way how do I get help fr US Embassy in getting an authenticated copy of my divorce papers? I have been asking my ex-husband for months through his work email but was never getting a reply, but I know he still works for them.

My requests for divorce papers are falling on deaf ears.

Thanks again!

jd888

Call the American Citizen Special Consular Services Tel. No. : (02) 301-2000 extension: 2246, 2567

or the Public Affairs Section
Tel. No. (02) 301-2000 extension 2363, 2230
Fax : (02)301-2462, 301-2453

http://www.chanrobles.com/

smasher331

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot!

attyLLL

inherited properties will be your sole property. all income and purchased properties will be conjugal. you will not be able to sell any property

it will be better if you have relatives who will assist in acquiring your docs re the divorce.

the divorce has no effect as to you until it is recognized by the ph courts.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum