Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forced Labor

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forced Labor Empty Forced Labor Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:25 am

BLADE1825

Arresto Menor

I have been working for a company in Libis Quezon City for 8 months now. We were forced to sign an attendance policy that stipulates that we are only allowed to have 1 day of absence per month regardless of the reason. This policy also implies that habitual absenteeism or being absent for 1 day on 3 consecutive months is also a terminable offense. I am weary now because I acquired CAP or Community Acquired Pneumonia, which I think I acquired while working. I have been absent now for 6 days going on an 8 day streak as per my doctor's advise. I feel as though I am being forced to render my service to this company even if this will be of great detriment to my health. To tell you the truth, this is not the first time that I was absent for more than 1 day with the same company. The first time I did this, we went into a company hearing which discussed the gravity of my offense. They decided to keep me because I am one of the best agents in the campaign, bragging aside. But I fear that this time my luck has run out. They might decide to terminate my contract. How can I prevent them from firing me?

Is there any ruling in the Labor Code or any ruling at all that might prevent this?

2Forced Labor Empty Re: Forced Labor Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

if you have a valid medical reason and can prove it with a medical certificate it will be hard for the company to terminate you.

3Forced Labor Empty Re: Forced Labor Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 am

BLADE1825

Arresto Menor

Believe me sir. It's not that hard. Our campaign has been given autonomy by the company to implement and exercise its own rules and regulations, many of which bounds the employees to a state of almost forced labor. I have a valid medical certificate issued by my doctor at the Metropolitan Medical Center. So did my previous colleague. She was confined for Broncho Pneumonia and was terminated when she came back to work. I fear that I will go through the same thing. Are there any laws that can possibly overrule the campaign's policy?

4Forced Labor Empty Re: Forced Labor Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

she should have filed a case sa NLRC.. pag pinabayaan nyo.. wala talaga mangyayari..

5Forced Labor Empty Re: Forced Labor Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:49 pm

attyLLL

make sure you have documentation of your sickness, and your communication to your company.

those policies are too harsh.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6Forced Labor Empty Re: Forced Labor Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 pm

BLADE1825

Arresto Menor

Sir Patok. She did. However, I really am not sure what happened afterwards. But what I am trying to find are rules that would protect me and my colleagues from such injustice. By the way, as I am replying to your last post, I am currently waiting for my admin hearing. Since I came back to work, I have received 6 Corrective Action Notices from my supervisors dated from 02/20, 02/21, 02/22, 02/23, 02/26 and 02/27. The first notice that I received is a Final Warning for my absence on 02/20 and the rest subjects me from dismissal. I kept all communication logs since I have been sick. I even acquired my Annual Physical Exam results which shows that I have a clean bill of health prior to my absences. To tell you the truth, it is most likely that I acquired my ailment at the office. I do not smoke nor drink, but since most my peers started getting sick, I guess my immune system went down as well. I kept my hospital records as proof that I have indeed been confined for CAP. I have done every necessary preparation for my admin hearing, but without any specific rulings that I can study or quote, I reckon that the business side of the case would appeal more to the Human Resources Department than the obvious truth that the rules and policies of our campaign is plain wrong.

I would very much appreciate it if you can direct me towards enlightenment on this one.

Thank you Sir Patok and AttyLLL.

7Forced Labor Empty Re: Forced Labor Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:29 am

BLADE1825

Arresto Menor

I found that I can only be terminated because of a sickness if your sickness cannot be cured within 6months. What have you guys found so far that could probably help me?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum