Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is insufficiency for requisites for marriage is one reason for voidable marriage?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kyle13

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I and my husband got married last September 10, 2005 around 10 am at Quezon City thru mass wedding. He’s 22 years old and I was 21 and turning 22 on that year. After the ceremony, the barangay officials who handled the ceremony told us that our marriage certificate will not be forwarded yet to LCR due to lack of requisites for marriage like marriage certificate, CENOMAR and due to our age also.

Prior the mass wedding, one of the barangay officials gave me an empty Marriage Certificate and told us to sign the form together with my husband, and we did.

We did not have marriage license or CENOMAR presented during the day of ceremony and we did not gone thru any siminars nor we did not have any consent and we had 1 sponsor (not 1 pair). Since our marriage certificate was put on hold or pending due to lack of requisites for marriage, I settled everything that we need without my husbands appearance.

When our marriage certificate got released, the date written on it was October 28, 2006 at 1 pm. And I found out also that, there was only one (1) name printed on our sponsor (the barangay official who sponsored the mass wedding) and the other one was only a signature. The name of our 1 sponsor was not written in print on the certificate instead only the signature and im not quite sure if it was her signature too since we did not do any signing during the ceremony.

Questions:

1. Is there any possibility that our marriage will be void or null?

2. Is insufficiency for requisites for marriage is one reason for voidable marriage?

3. Is marriage ceremony can be done without marriage license or CENOMAR?

attyLLL

imo, the marriage is void for lack of a marriage license at the time of the ceremony, and can be declared void IF those circumstances can be proved.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum