Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Land Ownership

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Land Ownership Empty Land Ownership Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 am

zerafika

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Good Day po.

I just want to ask sa mga taong may knowledge regarding the law related sa land ownership. My dad bought a piece of land kasi in a beach area somewhere in Dingalan. Undergraduate engineering student ksi ang dad ko and admittedly wala syang alam masyado sa laws on oblicon and land ownership. When he bought the land, one of the owner (the property being conjugal- husband made the sale) only gave him a deed of sale and a photocopy of the title. The owners were separated, sabi nang husband, kakausapin nya daw yung misis nya regarding the sale and kukunin nya yung original document from his wife, my dad then made an inquiry sa district office yata or regional regarding the status of the land regstration and confirmed that the land was still under the name of the couple. So in good faith, my dad made the payment to the land and signed a deed of sale just to secure na hindi na mabili anng iba yung lupa since we badly needed the property. Apparently, the wife already surrendered the title of the land sa isang loanshark and used it as collateral, so my dad decided to talk with the husband. KAso we found out that the loanshark who has the title asked the husband before to sign a "blank" paper as sample signature "daw" para iconfirm yung signature nya with the ones in the title, not knowing na yung document na pinipirmahan nila is part na pla nang "collateral document" indicating na if hindi makabayad yung mga may ari nang lupa at a certain date ay pwde nang hatakin nang creditor ang lupa (the husband is only an elementary graduate or hindi pa nga yata gumraduate nang elem and hindi masyadong maalam sa mga legalitites). The loanshark gave the wife 50K for the land title before (as value nang pinagsanglaan), and the value of the land is around 400K and my dad paid for the land for 250k as partial payment. After knowing the facts, yung dad ko went directly sa region and immediately filed for the transfer of title kso naunahan na sya nung loanshark and we are a day late. I just want to know, may habol po ba ang dad ko sa lupa, kasi apparently, hindi namin sure kung mahahabol namin yung lalaki na nagbenta since wala na yung pera sa kanya, naipambayad na din nang utang. what are the possible courses of action na pwde naming gawin. Also ginastusan na nang dad ko yung lupa, nakapagpatayo na sya nang bahay don. may marerecover ba kami if ever na paboran nang judge na mapunta sa loanshark yung lupa given na sobrang laki na anng gisnastos nang dad ko sa lupa na yon. Salamat po, any relevant inputs will be appreciated.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum