Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

support from husband going out of the country

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

caringmom

caringmom
Arresto Menor

hello po. i'm new and first, i would like to thank this site for providing venue for people like me who really need advice esp. from the point of view of the law and from those who have similar experiences.

my husband and i have been living separately for a year now and our child is with me. we don't talk on a regular basis except regarding monthly support (i moved out from his parent's house and rented a room). we have agreed on a certain monthly support which is very meager compared to the expenses incurred but i did not object further because it's so difficult to deal with him on money matters, he always insists that he doesn't want to support me, only our child.

now, i heard that he is applying abroad. my concern is that if it's hard for him to support me and my child now, how much more if he is out of the country. my question is how can i claim what's right for my child and me. what should i do? he doesn't know yet that i knew about his plans and i always have this feeling that he doesn't want me to know. all i want is to secure what's rightfully ours.

thanks for your time.

attyLLL

try to convince him to place your agreement in writing.

nevertheless, even without a written agreement, he is still liable to provide both of you support. failure to do so is economic violence under RA 9262.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum