Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fake Birth Certificate

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fake Birth Certificate Empty Fake Birth Certificate Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:48 pm

Marketing

Arresto Menor

I having problem now securing passport from DFA because I found out that my birth certicate was fake.

In 2008, while securing documents for our wedding, my wife, then girlfriend, found out that my birth certicate was not registered in Manila City Hall.

I am an illegitimate child but Im using my father's surname since birth. All my public documents and IDs has my father's surname on it.

Since we have deadline to meet on our wedding schedule, we asked assistance from a friend whose working inside the office of a certain city hall ( not in Manila) in order to process our marriage certificate using my surname.

The wedding day came, we were given our certificate and had it registered in NSO. My wife gave birth to our son. We registered him in NSO using my surname also.

Now, I want to secure passport as we have plan of migrating to other country, but I have to deal again with my problem with my birth certificate.

As we consulted the Manila City Hall, I was advised to undergo late registration but it will require my parents authenticated marriage contract, of course, I have none. Second option, I need my father's signature on the registration, sadly, he already passed away. I was left with the (only) option of using my mother's maiden name. But this would entail more problems with my current documents and IDs so as with my wife's and son's.

Is there any way for me to secure an authenticated birth certificate and passport without going through the process of changing my current surname to my mother's maiden name? By the way, I was born in August 28, 1975 in Binondo, Manila, in case you will need this information.

Please help me. Thank you.

2Fake Birth Certificate Empty Re: Fake Birth Certificate Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:06 pm

attyLLL

i do not recommend this, but I know of one instance which is similar.what they did was to register properly under the mother's surname.

then they foud a guy to pretend to be his dad and filed an affidavit of acknowledgment and authority to use surname of father.

such short cuts are illegal and make you vulnerable to future legal problems.

I'm afraid it's too late. you cannot establish filiation with your father because illegitimate children can only do so while the father is still alive.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum