Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary Dispute -- Breach of Contract?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary Dispute -- Breach of Contract? Empty Salary Dispute -- Breach of Contract? Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:46 pm

mbcruz1

Arresto Menor

I was hired as a part-time eployee in one of teh BPO companies in Alabang. From initial interview until final interview, I was offered 14,000 as basic salary for 25-hours/week shift. I accepted the offer by initially signing a job order form. During their new hire orientation, me and a dozen more part-timer applicants were give a contract entitled part time employment agreement. In the terms and conditions, it was included under paragraph 5 that "time to be devoted to part time employment is 5 hours a day or 25 hours a week with the EXCEPTION of the first 4 weeks that will be devoted for training in which case we are required to work 8 hours a day." October 25 was the official date that I was hired. Salary was as per agreement from the time of employment until December 15 pay out but December 30 onwards, the basic pay of 7,00 per pay period was cut into half (3,500 per pay period). I immediately filed a written dispute attaching my payslip copy fro Dec 30 and Jan 15, until now, no response from HR. Another part timer approached me yesterday to advise that they were given an information that Hr offered us a big package and as such, they are cutting the basic salary they offered (in the contract) in half.

Is this allowed when we have the contract as a binding agreement that it should be 14,000 per month?

DO they have the right to just decide to cut it in half after 3 months of working for them?

Is this considered "breach of contract"?

It is very frustrating and demoralizing, not to mention a big mental torture on our part as we have given them our part of the bargain which is to work efficiently, what do we need to do?

I called DOLE and even went to their office on Las Pinas but the staff I talked to redirected me to call NLRC instead. When I called NLRC, I was told that they cannot assist me until there is a case filed against the employer. They suggested that I seek a lawyer. How can I do this when I do not know any lawyer? Please advise.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum